Iasca Lightweight Bass Boxing Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

MisterGrubbs
5,000+ posts

Kinda Old School
So I've read over the rules, this and that, and I've also attempted to contact Iasca(with no such luck)

Just a few simple questions

Limitations on deadener in the vehicle?

No walls are allowed in the class, but it doesn't mention it cannot exceed the window line? The box I'm working on is level with the window line, but it has external aeros and the subs are inverted, so I'm not sure if that's going to interfere? If it does, I can make a few changes, but nonetheless.

Sorry, trying to get a bit more serious into the competition stages and I cant find the information I nee because they won't answer their phonecalls and it's not stated on the website.

Thanks.

Ryan

There are no limits to damping of a vehicle.

your enclosure should be fine.

Inverted subs provide no benefit.

If you have more questions let me know and I will give you my number.

Bryan

Sounds GREAT man, I appreciate your commenting and willingness to provide some information for me.

If feasible, please PM me an AIM handle or something so I can talk more in depth?

The aeroports are external on the box, and the ports I'm using are rather large. The box itself, at it's deepest point, is only 21" from top to bottom. With those ports, however, it will exceed 25".

Messaged a few people. This is my first build of this kind of nature, and I just want to be very clear first.

Bump for more words.

So there's no deadening restrictions, evidentally.

The box should be fine, from what I hear.

Since the "trunk" of the VW is in the front, can I make an enclosure there??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif They said the "cargo space" is at the discretion of the judges...

Modification to the doors, I'll assume it will be fine to glass them and alter the amount of speakers?

The Dash - I'm upgrading some of the things in the dash - voltmeter, temp gauge, some other gauges like that - I'd assume that's fine as well? Also, EQ and everything will PROBABLY be made into the dash or mounted inbetween seats...fine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.