I want some LOUD 6X9's that can be powered off of my head unit...

What are some loud and not very expensive 6X9's that can be powered off my Clarion 655mp. I currently have Memphis 6.5'' Components in the doors and now want to upgrade my rear speakers. Thanks in advance.Brett
Loud and HU powered?

thats an Oxymoron.... If you want to get loud youll need an amp,crack open that wallet and pick up a nice 4 ch amp and power up your comps and your 6x9s

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Lol well yea i shouldve just bought a 4 channel amp in the first place but im a dumbass and only bought a 2-ch amp when i first bought my components. But anyways, do you have any suggestions for a decent set of rear speakers? Thanks

You can parrallel the 6x9's with the 6.5's on the amp to get a 2ohm load.

You will increase the power output of the amp but you will not have front/rear fade control over them.

I always liked JVC for good sounding 6x9's at a good price.

In a truck you do not want loud 6X9's. The rears will overpower the fronts and it will sound like ****. I know from idiots not listening to me. Many 6X9's are nefarious for sounding, and if you power it off the back you will have too many high tones coming from there. You really want a separate amp with an adjustable crossover, even if it's a cheap little thing like a Wal-Mart Lightning Audio. That will keep your highs from bleeding through the 6X9's and you will be much much happier.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-P5DrXSvjTIV/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=065S95

Thanks for all your help

Trevor87- I just put black 22's and a goodmark cowl hood on, i will be making a cardomain page soon, ill let you know when its finished. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.