I need a set of 3.5" speakers, Which ones?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sleeper-6
10+ year member

Going Fast with Class
I know that for the most part this size tends to ****, but for now I'm just looking to replace what I have for the next few months until I have the time to build a set of pods and install components. So here's the deal. I need a set of 3.5" for the dash of my car. the previous owner installed a pair of Boston Acoustic 703's that I hate, they have no tweeter, therefore no highs. The whole car sounds real flat. I have found three so far in my price range on e-bay, MB quart DKC 108, Infinity Kappa 32.5cf, and Audiobahn AS31Q. But I'm open to suggestions. I prefer clean over loud usually. I have older green cone Kappas in my other car and like them. I have tried local shops but they're all useless. nobody has a selection of 3.5's to listen to and compare. What do you think?

I have JL Audio 3.5"s that sound great even just off the head unit, check my sig for the model #, I got em real cheap too because The Zeb got a bunch of JL stuff when they bought all the stock of a car audio shop that was going out of business.

There is no possible way you could opt for a 6.5 " (or any other size) component set?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I think (know) you would be much happier lol.

But the JL's are nice speakers, nice sounding for a 3.5". That is really too bad no one around you has any 3.5's that you can compare...not even Circuit City?

- Steve

In a few months or so I plan on going to a 6.5" or a 5.25" component set, but I need to do something for now. I tried 6th Ave, Circut city, Best Buy, hell even Pepboys with no luck.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I can get a set of those foam baffles thay sell to put behind the 3.5's that should help some. I'm not expecting much from them, but someting better than I had would be nice. Thanks again

I would just spend a few bucks and go with the JL's. Either those, or something from Infinity. If you plan on upgrading real soon, dont spend a lot of money;)

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.