I might have finally decided..,. a HiFonics BX1000D and a 15" brahma?

tws
10+ year member

Hey guys. I think im down to theHiFonics Brutus BX1000D and 1 15" Brahma. Another other suggestions? I just want to make sure it will really hit hard but still sound good. It might not be as cool looking as having two 12"s but if it will sound as good and be as loud ill go for it. Now about porting it or whatever, im clueless to the inclosures. (This is going in a jeep cherokee) What way should i enclose it? Thanks a lot, William

thanks for the replies. So I'll port it...but to what specs do you all recommend? Im really clueless and not too sure if i would trust the place installing it to tell me anything.

My last concern is that it will be good for not just rap, but rock and other stuff. Ive heard 15s only work well for rap stuff. What do you all think? Thanks

3.5-4cubes net, 50-60sq" tuned 30-34hz.

Who ever told you that 15's are for rap are just talking out of their asses, and don't have a clue what they're talking about. The myth that larger subs are "slow" and "sloppy" are actually signs that they've heard a horrible install, yet they associate it with the cone size. A very simple minded observation, but if you do a little research you'll find that the inductance of the coil/s is the primary controller of transient response, not cone size. Low inductance = "faster" driver.

Most people give the larger subs woefully indeadequate enclosures(usually limited in size, they don't know how to port etc...) it doesn't perform how they'd like and they blame the cone size. They buy a 10" or 12", put it in the smaller box which is usually more optimal, performs better, and you get them jumping to all sorts of moronic conclusions about how 10's and 12's are "fast" and better for SQ.

Thanks for the reply. Ill prolly go with the 15 then if you dont think two Kicker L5 15s would be better. The would be roughly the same price and the same watts total. Also im gonna go with the brutus 1500 instead of the 1000.

Also, im really confused about porting it and stuff. On the site it says:

Brahma 15

Sealed Car 1.25 to 2.5 cubic feet

Vented Car 2.0 to 3.5 cubic feet tuned to 28 Hz

Can anyone help explain this to me? Im clueless when it comes to the enclosing it, and I just want to be able to tell the people who install it what i want cause they would have to enclose it port it or whatever. Thanks

Be mindful of 1500W RMS in a ported enclosure. Sealed is fine, but be wary with a ported enclosure, especially a larger one. Power handling drops dramatically once in a large vented enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.