I might be switching my stance on AudioPipe.

TaylorFade
10+ year member

I fail.
So, I was at a very large show this weekend (Scrapin' the Coast) and met a guy running an AudioPipe AP3k. I had all my meters and such with me so I asked if I could clamp it. I didn't have an O-Scope, but the gain was ~ 3/8ths and his HU has 2v preouts. I know this isn't much information, but it's better than no info. Anyway...

(Not on "peak/hold")

26ACA

94ACV

2,444w rising to 3.6

Not too f'n bad. Like I said, I have no idea how dirty or clean it was but by the sound of the subs, he might have been clipping the HU signal pretty good.

So, this got me to thinking... I was building something before the show this weekend and I needed my angle grinder. It's a cheapo thing that works when it wants to and sometimes I have to give it a little smack on the concrete to get it to work. Lol. But it's been a trooper. I think I paid 20-30 bucks for it at Harbor Freight.

Bottom line... AudioPipe is to car audio as Harbor Freight is to power tools. If you don't want to pay for a Fein or DeWalt, Harbor Freight will get the job done. But are any of us really surprised when our HF tools take a dump?

Side note... Cleaned up at Scrapin'. (3) 1sts and (2) state records //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2e69f830.jpg

taylor i will have you know i just removed your number from my fone.

jk

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

taylor i will have you know i just removed your number from my fone.

jk

for all the ragging on and hugging on... Audio Pipe is good for what it is.. a decent entry level amp for people that don't want to spend a lot of money on a 1500-3000 watt amp.. don't know what all the fuss is about.. if someone wants to run them so be it, why dog them or hug them... even the mid entry to high entry level amps have amps that are better than them... it is what it is a decently made cheap amp that will put out power clean or not.

for all the ragging on and hugging on... Audio Pipe is good for what it is.. a decent entry level amp for people that don't want to spend a lot of money on a 1500-3000 watt amp.. don't know what all the fuss is about.. if someone wants to run them so be it, why dog them or hug them... even the mid entry to high entry level amps have amps that are better than them... it is what it is a decently made cheap amp that will put out power clean or not.
Nuthugger. GTFO.

P.S.- got me a Cactus K5 this weekend too. Just can't stop overpaying for amps!!

Mmmm... Cactus

408371df.jpg

You guys want to see some random pics from the show? Or did you all see them in my other thread?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

if you would answer my calls i can tell you exactly what i have on the way and why i need power. but fine.
I don't answer non-texts. Lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.