I bet I'm the millonth person to ask but..

Participant count
  • Participant list
I search on here for a bit I want to know the best place to mount my tweeters in my 91 240sx I made a mount for the woofer in the door but if I try to put both togather one will be behing the door panel a little. I could cut a hole in the factory grille and mount it like that but not sure how it would look. Or there is a spot on the door between the dash and the door handel. But I always heard to mount the tweet no more than 6 inchs from the woofer

It's all about the imaging. I'm no expert but I know a lot of cars have much more than 6" between the woofers and tweeters. A lot of cars I have seen have the tweeter next to where the outside mirrors are... You may want to look into that. Try to find a place where you can have them face you well.

Yeah, it is all preference. Kick panels sound very good, but can be impracticle(sp?) in some daily drivers, i don't want them because i would have to lose my dead pedal, and my foot would be sitting on my speakers when im not shifting. I personally have mine mounted in my door above the handle in my civic. It sounds fine, not a big fan of my tweeters but money doesn't grow on trees. So my advice would be get a few feet of speaker wire, mount your midranges wherever you want, then get some doublesided tape and tape the tweeters in all kinds of rediculous places in your car and figure out which sounds the best. If you feel your tweeters sound bad, like kinda harsh and waht not, try reversing the + and - wires on ONE of the tweeters, it was like night and day in my case. But like Redford said, you could put them in the sail panel, higher up in the a-pillar, stick them in the door very close to the midrange firing up at you, where i have it, hell on the dash facing you, it is 100% preference, so do whatever you want and what sounds the best to you. I apologize for the length, college essays are getting to me.

-Jason

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.