Hzsogoods Folded horn Home Theater Build log

Participant count
  • Participant list

hzsogood
5,000+ posts

**The Clean South**
TX/MN
Well I got a few hours in on friday and got pieces 1-8 in with braces and reflectors and havent been able to work on it since because of "priorities" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif , Now the superbowl, so Ill be out there for a few more hours tonight after the game to finish all the panels.. For those that didn't see my other threads I have some pretty crap arauco ( partially my fault for laying it on the ground )

So I'm going to just gonna finish up panels 9, 10 get the reflectors in , then let it set overnight with the clamps on it.. My question is , in the plans it says NOT to install the panel 5/10 braces, well im gonna pretend i didnt seee that cuz i must have them in there in order to get the panels straight.. SO ill just glue and clamp em, and leave them til tomorrow then throw the top on, err I mean the side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

PIC-0672.jpg

PIC-0670.jpg

PIC-0675.jpg

PIC-0669.jpg

PIC-0671.jpg

PIC-0676.jpg

PIC-0677.jpg

Looking pretty good, man. What kind of finish are you going to use?
**** man, I dont even know yet.. I might stain it a dark cherry, with priming and painting the mouth gloss black, Or I might roll some duratex on it with a textured brush.. But for the time being Im getting impatient , so it might be naked in my living room for a while, Since I really want to hear if this all works as well as I hope it will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'd go with the stain. Should look pretty nice...
I want to and it would be cheaper and look nicer.. Ill see how it all looks after sanding, then ill make the call.. The duratex doesnt look bad and my whole HT setup is black, ( tv, tv stand, speakers etc.. ) Its big too, 36x36x24 ao Im gonna try to hide it behind the couch, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You could use a black veneer, man...
That was an option too. Gotta make a call quick cuz there are 2 different types of filler im gonna use , depending n what i go with.. If its stained, its gonna get elmers stainable, if its anything else its gonna be rock hard water putty .. Cuz **** really shows through if you mix match wrong, and duratex wont stick to wood fill, and actually has trouble with bondo as well

If the rest of your stuff is black, just go with the veneer. It's usually easy to work with...

Good call. Im gonna check it out tomorrow.. Any ideas? I saw some minwax ( forgot the name ) that looks nice.. How bout for a clear coat/ top coat?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hzsogood

5,000+ posts
**The Clean South**
hzsogood
TX/MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date