Hyper Audio Katy Texas

Black Truck 10
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
They installed my stuff a while back (3 years ago) but I figured I would show the rest of yall my review of them.

As for hyper audio, maybe buy a product from them...Maybe. As for any installation, hell no. When I was in high school I took my truck to them to have them install everything for me (I did by fill speakers from them, but they didnt last after a year).

They built my sub box. Was supposed to have a fiberglass inside for the seal.

It was also supposed to hold 2 jl 10s I believe I payed 500 for the install(mind you I already purchased everything, and was told this was their price for the top of the line install) and they used a cheap flat yellow wire to connect my subs up.

The subs blew about a 1.5 years after install and so I recently took the subs out of the box. No fiber glass or even a sealant for the corners. Just wood and maybe wood glue in there. Box was also undersized from what other installers have told me. The carpet they put on the box did not even wrap the entire box. The corners also tore, and by the time they tore, nobody had sat in the back.Also for my sub box, they just ran wire into the box between where MDF would contact other MDF at the edges. they just ran flat wire through it, which further proves my sealed box in fact wasnt sealed.

My components installation was nothing short of complete failure. Helen Keller could of done a better job. The crossovers kept falling off of my panels, and taking the speakers out with them. The midbass was installed on a piece of board they made that falls out and shifts and turns at will. A guy at a well known audio installation place in houston texas on polk street (not trying to give any names)laughed at this.

About 2 months after the install my subs stopped working one day, I took it in to Hyper and had them check it out for me. They took it around back and told me they were both blown and that I needed new subs. I said no thats ok and asked for them to show me where they were blown. He took out the sub and all it was was a wire fell off (surprise surprise) plugged it back on and it went back to working how it was supposed to. Now this was sketchy as hell for me.

I then took it in about 1.5 years after install because my sub was actually blown (king kong wrecks subs). I asked him to take a look because at the time I didnt know they were blown. He took the truck back there said they were blown and since I didnt want to buy new subs through them he hit me with a $60 charge, that he never told me he was going to charge me before taking it back.

All in all its a really shotty place that gets laughed at by other installers (innovative rides, StereoFX). I couldnt resist when I saw someone on here recommend them. I will never go back to them, simply awful business ethics and installations.

I now do my installs by my self, and swear to never go back to them. Im not trying to rag on them to much, but everythign I just said is 100% the truth.

**** man, sorry to hear about your loss ( time and money). I was told that they were garbage by other people, and now I have someone else telling me the same thing. Thanks for the heads up, and good luck with your audio man!

Thanks man, I did finsih my install minus the sub box (because my si mags) havent even made it in yet. So im just waiting for that to come in. Ya even after I am cooled off after seeing the install they did on my truck, I still swear to never go back there, and if at all possible I try to persuade my friends from going there. Ive been pretty successful about it.

But im glad my review was helpful, and if you need any more local shop information just message me tell me who your looking at and ill give you my input ( if any) about them.

Thanks man, I did finsih my install minus the sub box (because my si mags) havent even made it in yet. So im just waiting for that to come in. Ya even after I am cooled off after seeing the install they did on my truck, I still swear to never go back there, and if at all possible I try to persuade my friends from going there. Ive been pretty successful about it.

But im glad my review was helpful, and if you need any more local shop information just message me tell me who your looking at and ill give you my input ( if any) about them.

Black Truck 10--

I agree that I wouldn't use Hyper's services.

This is what they did to my Jeep.

Approximately 2 years ago I had a stereo system installed in a Jeep TJ.

When first installed it did sound better than the OEM system from the factory.

Until recently,everything was fine until the front speakers started vibrating

and buzzing (rather loudly--you could hear the noise over the music being

played). I pulled the front covers off to discover that Hyper did not install

any of the after-market speaker brackets required, but instead,

used ty-wraps to hold the speakers in place. The ty-wraps were broken,

leaving the speakers free to move around. I also discovered

that instead of using the factory connectors for the speakers, they were cut

off, the wire ends were stripped and twisted around the speaker posts.

Not very professional in my book. But the worst thing Hyper did was to cut

the upper dash supports that the speaker plate attaches to. Buyer Beware!

Hyper Audio does exceptional work, fair prices, and have been in the same establishment for over 9 years. The guys at Hyper have been installing stereo equipment in my cars for over 8 years and I have had the best service and audio installations. I have several toys and when I read these post it's a bit fustrating and angers me to see what you guys write and complaint. I can only say that there is always 2 sides to a story and if you guys had these issues why not take the vehicle back and adress the issue instead of posting on these forums. I have to say that these guys have never done me wrong and will continue to send customers to Hyper. I will continue to reccommend them for their quality work over the last years. Thanks Guys.

Hyper Audio does exceptional work, fair prices, and have been in the same establishment for over 9 years. The guys at Hyper have been installing stereo equipment in my cars for over 8 years and I have had the best service and audio installations. I have several toys and when I read these post it's a bit fustrating and angers me to see what you guys write and complaint. I can only say that there is always 2 sides to a story and if you guys had these issues why not take the vehicle back and adress the issue instead of posting on these forums. I have to say that these guys have never done me wrong and will continue to send customers to Hyper. I will continue to reccommend them for their quality work over the last years. Thanks Guys.
So if someone pays for a service and doesn't get what they paid for, they should shut up and never tell anyone about it? If it's obvious that the install wasn't done right on purpose, why in god's name would you go back other than to get your money back? Stfu and gtfo, ktnx.

So if someone pays for a service and doesn't get what they paid for, they should shut up and never tell anyone about it? If it's obvious that the install wasn't done right on purpose, why in god's name would you go back other than to get your money back? Stfu and gtfo, ktnx.
If someone pay for a service and they have a problem they should at least give that company a chance to rectify or serviced the problem. Again these guys do great work, I feel that these guys like everyone else deserves a chance.

Hyper Audio recently worked on a my vehicle and have to say that they did a GREAT job!!!!! This guys were very helpful and gave an example of what my car would sound like before they actually installed any equipment in my car. We installed an Audison 5 channel amp, morel 3 way components, bit 1 processor and a 8" DD sub, my systems sounds great. I completeley agree with 93 jeep and after reading the past post I believe evryone has a chance to rectify a problem or concern. I give credit when credit is due.

lol WOW. i cant imagine the other side of the story for the zip ties. what did they run out of screws? or the the story for the speaker connections? did they not use the provided connectors in the box of the new speakers? non excusable. oh and what about the squeezing wire between crack of mdf? HA lol, i feel sorry for the guys who stuff this was, but for the installer, all of these tactics are things indicative of a lazy installer.

If someone pay for a service and they have a problem they should at least give that company a chance to rectify or serviced the problem. Again these guys do great work, I feel that these guys like everyone else deserves a chance.
Hyper Audio recently worked on a my vehicle and have to say that they did a GREAT job!!!!! This guys were very helpful and gave an example of what my car would sound like before they actually installed any equipment in my car. We installed an Audison 5 channel amp, morel 3 way components, bit 1 processor and a 8" DD sub, my systems sounds great. I completeley agree with 93 jeep and after reading the past post I believe evryone has a chance to rectify a problem or concern. I give credit when credit is due.
Wow, two one-off accounts made solely to reply to this thread. There is no excuse for what the installer did. He obviously did it on purpose, and any "explanation" would only be an excuse for laziness. The owner should be held accountable for this, and instead of trying to fabricate good experiences to negate the bad ones, he should start questioning his own business practices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...