HP DV4 Laptop 14.1" screen, two portable external hard drives.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mendezm9
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Iowa
Ive got a 14.1 inch HP Pavilion model dv4-1155se. I bought this a little over a year ago at bestbuy for around 950 and still have the receipt. Im graduating in a month and will no longer need it. Along with the computer I will send everything that it came with as well as system restore dvds that I made when I first got it in case it ever got a virus and needed to restart everything. It been taken care of since I've bought it. It has has anti-virus since I've bought it as well as all the Microsoft Office programs(which aren't cheap). It also comes with a 12 cell battery that last longer than most laptop batterys. Along the top of the keyboard are the power, volume, play, pause, stop, quickplay, and wireless internet buttons which are touch sensitive. I wouldn't want to get rid of it but since I will be graduating in a month, I won't really need it and since I am most likely moving out of state for a job I could use the money for travel expenses and rent. I am asking 750 obo +shipping for the computer. The hard drives are 65+shipping for the 320 gb and 110+ shipping for the 640 gb. The 320 gb is like new and the 640 I just got as an early graduation gift but don't need it still wrapped. Both of them are the latest model toshibas.

Here is some info on it.

Processor 2.2GHz AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core ZM-82

Memory 4,096MB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz

Hard drive 320GB, 5,400rpm

Chipset AMD RS780M

Graphics ATI Radeon HD3200 (integrated)

Operating System Windows Vista Premium 64-bit

Dimensions (width x height) 13.2x9.5 inches

Thickness 1.4 to 2.5 inches

Screen size (diagonal) 14.1 inches

System weight / Weight with AC adapter 6.3 / 7.1 pounds

Category Midsize

Video VGA-out, HDMI, Webcam

Audio Stereo speakers, two headphone jacks and one microphone jack

Data 3 USB 2.0, eSATA, multi-format card reader 4 USB 2.0, SD card reader

Expansion ExpressCard/54

Networking Modem, Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth

Optical drive DVD burner

Here is a pic of the receipt. It was actually $909 on 10/17/08. Thats not including the anti-virus and all the microsoft office programs. I can also add a upgrade cd for windows 7 is someone would be interested.

Okay, you spent $850 before tax. And you're asking for $100 less than what you paid for a one and a half year old outdated laptop?

You can get the same thing, for half what you paid nowadays. I bought my HP dv4-1225dx with the same specs as yours from Best Buy last June for $600. Technology is moving so fast with computer hardware, that your $850 laptop is probably worth around $450-500 NEW, if that, today.

Notice the obo? I know i prob wont get 750 but i can negotiate from there. Did yours come with all the latest office programs at that price and not the trial version but full programs? Thats extra and adds value. It might not be something u care about but a student would. If u dont like the price dont buy it. For someone else it could be.

Of course I don't want it, just trying to prevent someone from getting scammed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Notice the obo? I know i prob wont get 750 but i can negotiate from there. Did yours come with all the latest office programs at that price and not the trial version but full programs? Thats extra and adds value. It might not be something u care about but a student would. If u dont like the price dont buy it. For someone else it could be.
software is free, you were scammed.

I'd be interested in the laptop, but for a fraction of that price. Realize that new laptops usually float around the same price; what I mean is that the 4th quarter model costs the same as the 3rd quarter model did when it was new, as well as the 2nd quarter when it was new, etc.

Having said that, a new model is typically released every quarter, if not, then bi-quarterly.

Can u tell me where u can get the office programs for free? As I said before 750 is a negotiation point. pm ur offer and i will let u know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mendezm9

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
mendezm9
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies