How will the SQ be?

SirClay
10+ year member

President
Texas
Hey, I can't decide which alpine to get, 9847 or 9835. I only like these two models because they are black, which looks the best in my car. However, I don't know if I will tell much of a sound different between the two units even though the 9835 is a lot more expensive. The 9847 doesn't have any band parametric EQs. Is there much sound difference? I have stock speakers and a w6v2. thanks.

they are factory upgraded. I know they don't compare to your "kickass" speakers, but yes, I can tell a difference from head unit to head unit with my "crappy" stock speakers. thanks for you input.

they both use the exact same preouts, you won't hear a difference, even between the lowest and highest end model. That's not the difference your paying for, it's features.

they are factory upgraded. I know they don't compare to your "kickass" speakers, but yes, I can tell a difference from head unit to head unit with my "crappy" stock speakers. thanks for you input.
Get the cheaper one, a high end deck is a straight waste of money for stock speakers. If you have any more questions or concerned don't hesitate to PM me. I'm here to help.

Not sure how it'll sound on stock speakers but personally I couldn't stand not having at least a 5-band EQ on an alpin.e The one I had before didn't and I get rid of it asap. Couldn't tune the mids as much as I wanted.

Not sure how it'll sound on stock speakers but personally I couldn't stand not having at least a 5-band EQ on an alpin.e The one I had before didn't and I get rid of it asap. Couldn't tune the mids as much as I wanted.
my zapco sp4 4 band eq is way better than my old arc audio peq 7 band eq.

If you don't need the features that are in the more expensive one then buy the cheaper one and spend the money you saved on an external EQ.

If you don't need the features that are in the more expensive one then buy the cheaper one and spend the money you saved on an external EQ.
x2......buyin the expensive one is a waste of money that can be put into buyin equipment that can help the SQ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SirClay

10+ year member
President
SirClay
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date