How much does the head unit affect quality of sound?

Participant count
  • Participant list

lnsomnia

Senior VIP Member
Ok, may or may not be a stupid question.

I have a JVC head unit right now (don't know the exact model at the moment; nothing fancy.), and I'm upgrading to some pretty nice RCA cables and Speaker Wire by Knuconceptz. Will that noticeably affect the quality of sound? Less static/interference? Higher Quality?

What if I got an entire new head unit just for the sole purpose of less static, and crisper sounds? I understand the majority of this comes from the speakers and the wire itself, but what about the head unit? How much of a purpose does the head unit give as regards to better sound quality? Is it honestly THAT noticeable?

Think I'll be ok with just some nice RCA's and Speaker wire? Or should I upgrade the deck for some extra quality? Thanks guys!

Prolly won't notice unless you amp the speakers
Well everything is going to be ran off an amp. My mids and highs have an amp, and then my subs will have an amp. I've only got one set of rca inputs on my head unit, so I'm going to have to run a couple Y-splitters (which are also going to be from Knuconceptz). Think that will be audibly noticeable?

Well everything is going to be ran off an amp. My mids and highs have an amp, and then my subs will have an amp. I've only got one set of rca inputs on my head unit, so I'm going to have to run a couple Y-splitters (which are also going to be from Knuconceptz). Think that will be audibly noticeable?
Yes it will not sound very good get a better deck 3 sets of 4 volt pre outs or just get an eq

Yes it will not sound very good get a better deck 3 sets of 4 volt pre outs or just get an eq
Hmmm. I'll look around! Thanks.

This looks nice: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X7500HD/Pioneer-DEH-X7500HD.html?tp=5684

Sure it's a lot nicer than the JVC poop I have right now. For $100 will it really make THAT much of a difference even after high quality RCA splitters? I could care less about all the fancy features.

Doesn't this prove that rca splitters technically shouldn't affect the sound quality? http://www.gcsescience.com/pe22.htm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.