how do you tune a port

Participant count
  • Participant list

spencerS
10+ year member

I'm getting a triple x 12 or 15. Im going to build a box for it, as big as the space in my honda civic coupe trunk will allow. how do I tune the port? Where do I put it?how long does it have to be? and how do you arrive at these numbers? Is there an equation to go by. MAHALO for the feedback

a good starting place is around 28-35 hz. that'll give a good combination of sq and spl....

u could down load winISD to help build ur box....if someone has a link, could ya post it, otherwise i'll look for it and get it here.

not only what jmac said, but if u have the t/s parameters for ur sub, u can input them manually in winISD.

good luck with the box!

personally I would email RE because I emailed adire and they gave me all the stuff I needed. They also said that power has something to do with it too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.