How do you make your roof not rattle?

depends on how much power you're talking. dont need a stripper pole unless you're 155+ imo but im sure its nice at 150s too.

easiest is to just add a layer of sound damping

depends on how much power you're talking. dont need a stripper pole unless you're 155+ imo but im sure its nice at 150s too.
easiest is to just add a layer of sound damping
Ive got 4 dc level 5s on a dc 12k running half ohm.. Never metered it but its tuned at 34hz and I do need the poles because it gets so loud (the rattling from the roof) that you begin to hear it along with the subs :/

Wood over the deadener or? Never done this and I feel dumb not knowing which goes first, I have ideas but you its never bad listening to others
I had 3 layers of deadener on the metal and then wood kerf cut to bend to the roof and glued to the deadener.

I had 3 layers of deadener on the metal and then wood kerf cut to bend to the roof and glued to the deadener.
Would the headliner still be in the picture or is it out? Willing to do anything as long as it looks right you know?

Ive got 4 dc level 5s on a dc 12k running half ohm.. Never metered it but its tuned at 34hz and I do need the poles because it gets so loud (the rattling from the roof) that you begin to hear it along with the subs :/
yeah as others have said with the output you're at you definitely need to use wood and other reinforcement than just sound damping

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.