Housing comps?

read the stuff bout kick panels, sounds like a project. i was wonderin bout jus usin the stock locations in my car. ive got a nissan xterra and its got a place for the mid in the door and a place for the tweet in the A pillar. should i jus use these and save $ or build a kick panel neway?

There truely is no correct way to mount your components. You can and will search and find information saying one place is better then the other and then another search will negate that and say how a different place is more ideal. Yes you want to keep the tweeter close to the mid. However some say you want the tweeter closer to you since that hi takes longer to reach your ear then the mid. Some say to place the tweeters on the pillars facing the windsheild so it can reflect off of it and give you a nice balanced sound. Honestly the best thing to do is wire everything up and stick a piece of tape to the back of the tweeter and place it in several diffferent locations in your car until you find the position that sounds the best. Hope this helps.

Keep bangin.

Originally posted by ss3079 For optimal imaging, keep the tweeter as close to the midbass as possible.

- Steve
Not always my brother. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif It depends on the components themselves, the vehicle they are going in. And the amount of power they are recieiving. I have heard some amazing cars. With the mids mounted in kicks and the tweets in the pillars. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hehe, was hoping someone was going to catch that....didnt feel like going back, editing, and explaining //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve

PS: My tweet/mid are almost never within 1.5ft of each other :p

Oh, forgot to ask you....whats your take...2 x RE SE 15" or 2 x Elemental K 15" ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.