Hotown

Participant count
  • Participant list
So this deal was done about a month ago I see. And he used the old excuse that it got stolen? Then he sends you back the money order without confirmation number?

Time to round up all the wisconsin boyz!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

I headed down to the Post office, and suposdly it has not been cashed. I have to wait till About the 22nd of Nov before i can file a claim ( 60 days after ).

Anyone know how the post office handles stolen money claims?

you can stop it right now. if it hasnt been cashed you fill out some papers and then right then and there they cancel it. then after a while you can get your money back. you dont have to wate 60 days i did one before like 5 days after the fact

weird. they told me i had to wait 60 days before i can do anything. Looks like im gonna go put a stop on it tomorrow. Did they charge you anything for stopping urs and getting the money back?

well i didnt get the money back cuz they already cashed it but yea it was $12 to do it. once they ran it they could find out if the money order had been cashed or not which took like 2 weeks but once i pad the $12 it put a stop on it had it not been cashed. so if it wasnt cashed i woudl have gotten a new money order returned to me.

Welp, turns out it was cashed october 19th, 2 days after i checked last... unfortantually it seems like there is pretty much nothing i can do about it.. I deleted the PM with his address on it. So i think the only thing left to do is get the cashed money order back, via a $5 fee. Then pick up a phone. Anyone have any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Stros

10+ year member
Stros
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views