Hey carrer installers, ever installed a Scosche TATAC05 Tacoma prefab box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

snoopdan
5,000+ posts

Banned
Louisville, KY
h142TATMA05-fp.jpg

Im considering using one of these for an upcomming install on a 2005 tacoma, since its a prefab thingy and all - and the end user wants it to look stock and flush. He also doesnt want it to be stupid SPL competition loud, just some bottom end to fill out his stock setup.

If someone has tried one of these, let me know how well it fit and how it performed.

I know some of you will suggest throwing out the $20 EFX subwoofer and buying a real speaker....dont think I havent thought of that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif But im sure the guy will want to try this out first.

Never used one. Where is it intended to go in the tacoma? I might have some other suggestions/tips for you. Im not against trying it though.

Meh, I dont have time / or the desire to build some wacked out custom box. The user just doesnt want to go that route either. MTX makes a killer looking thunderform for all models of tacoma up to 2004, which is worthless since the install is for a 2005 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I think my plan is to buy this thing, slap it on the back wall of the tacoma....then add a SAE1000 on it or JBL bp600 and call it a day. If he cooks the sub that comes with the box, then so be it....then i'll get him to buy a Massive Audio CW 10.

i do allot of pre fab/ loaded MTX thunder form enclosure's for ext cab trucks.

they sound pretty good and some actually get pretty loud!

i was suprised. but for the price. it all depands on what you want....

not bad for a qucik fix, custom look IMO

The scosche enclosures don't sound bad at all.

You probobly won't be able to fit a deeper woofer though because those boxes are close to hitting that little efx woofer already.

i ordered a empty thunder forum enclosure for my bro in law's ford f-350 super cab.

put a 2 10'' 5500 mtx sub's off a 600w mono thunder mtx amp..

sounds **** good if you ask me..

The scosche enclosures don't sound bad at all.
You probobly won't be able to fit a deeper woofer though because those boxes are close to hitting that little efx woofer already.
Yeah I was lookn at that....id like to find some motor depth specs for that EFX HDW1004 .... I found that they require .7 cubic foot sealed so that helps a bit.

btw man if you need a hookup on it LMK

You know I get the deals on Scosche //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.