help on gti

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've got a 2002 jetta w/the monsoon system same deal....... I kept the factory deck and added an Xtant 4 channel amp to a sub and all of the factory speakers. I have two questions for you.....

1. How much experience do you have in the 12 volt world?

2. Do you have (didn't mention it) an amplifier for your subs? What kind?

I GOT ROCKFORD 500.2 AND I KNO ENOUGH ABOUT 12V

I JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HOOK IT UP CUZ I KNO VERYMUCH ABOUT VW

WHAT WAY IS THE BEST TODO IT SINCE THERE ARE NO RCA

I can't remember if your amp has a high level input..... If so use that. If not, go buy a line output coverter. It will take the powered signal and reduce it to a level the input of the amp can see.

Also, the monsoon deck has a remote output (turns the amp on). There is an empty pin location....You'll have to build a pin to fit in the harness, or pull one from an old harness.

My honest feeling though, if you did not know how to get signal to the amp when the deck doesn't have an RCA output. You don't know as much as you're telling me. That's okay.......Everybody has got to learn somewhere. But, you have a nice car and this is a fairly difficult install. If you can, pay a professional to do it.......

If not, good luck and I'll help you the best I can.

where should i hook up the signal from the deck or from the monsoon amp? and what wires is it....thank for help and i dont have any money left after buying the car to pay a pro to do it..

Originally posted by thatkoo where should i hook up the signal from the deck or from the monsoon amp? and what wires is it....thank for help and i dont have any money left after buying the car to pay a pro to do it..

The signal from the head unit already runs to the rear speakers. If you purchase a line converter you can splice in a line from the speaker wire there to the converter and an rca to the amp then. If the amp has a HIGH level input then you can simply splice a wire from the rear speaker wiring to the amp direct without the line converter. This will take care of your signal to the amp.

SWeeet ride!!**** I love VW, anyhow that monsoon is a real PITA,Check out VWVortex.com it is a dedicated VW entusist site,they have a VW audio message board that'll answer all your Q's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.