help i cant get my amp to work

Participant count
  • Participant list

jgallo772
10+ year member

what does it mean when your amp archs when you go to ground it? i just got it back from being serviced by rockford for th same problem, i know its installed right, and it cant be a faulty ground because i have it coming off a distrabution block with two ther amps and they work perfect!!!!

Originally posted by jgallo772 what does it mean when your amp archs when you go to ground it? i just got it back from being serviced by rockford for th same problem, i know its installed right, and it cant be a faulty ground because i have it coming off a distrabution block with two ther amps and they work perfect!!!!
Probabably just the caps inside the amp charging , Hook it up and see if it works , You wil get some sparks sometime , Should not be bad thou

uh, i believe that would mean that there's something wrong internally, nothing that you did. if you already sent it back to them and they didn't fix it, i'd just get your money back. but that's me. it could be something that you did, but i can't think of anything.

Does it not work ??? Or were you affraid to hook it up do too the spark you got ?? Iknow mine spark if they have not been hooked up in awhile , Its Prolly just the caps charging , Happens worse on bigger amps

yeah i know it must be internel, it just ***** because i just got it back yesterday after rockford had it for two months! it blows the fuses on my power distrabution block right away, i shouldve known better then to buy rockford, it seems their products always have problems, i was happy as hell to put it in th car too, since i had to wait forever to get it back i built a new box, i guess ill have to wait another year before i get to see how it sounds

My amplifier works fine and it arcs a little bit when i put the fuse in. Dont worry about it unless it is blowing fuses, then worry. The arc is just the amp caps charging as Spdracer mentioned.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by jgallo772 yeah i know it must be internel, it just ***** because i just got it back yesterday after rockford had it for two months! it blows the fuses on my power distrabution block right away, i shouldve known better then to buy rockford, it seems their products always have problems, i was happy as hell to put it in th car too, since i had to wait forever to get it back i built a new box, i guess ill have to wait another year before i get to see how it sounds
What rf amp is it ?? What size fuse ??

its one of my 500's it blows fuses the second you put them in, and if you bypass the fuses it welds right on to the wire, ive never seen an amp do this before...

Originally posted by jgallo772 yeah i know it must be internel, it just ***** because i just got it back yesterday after rockford had it for two months! it blows the fuses on my power distrabution block right away, i shouldve known better then to buy rockford, it seems their products always have problems, i was happy as hell to put it in th car too, since i had to wait forever to get it back i built a new box, i guess ill have to wait another year before i get to see how it sounds
Ooops didnt read that part before I posted n/m about my post. It sounds to me like you got a big paperweight. Enjoy your new fany lookin paperweight. Oh yea and by the way just a personal note, I think Rockford Fosgate sux a$$, but thats my opinion.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by jgallo772 its one of my 500's it blows fuses the second you put them in, and if you bypass the fuses it welds right on to the wire, ive never seen an amp do this before...
I would be all up in Rockfords face about it then if you just got it back and its doing the same thing ! But i can imagine they would send it back with the same exact problem , You sure everything is right ?? We are all human ??

i think it sux too, i got the amps on sale when i bought my jeep last fall, all the amps i had all read were way too big to fit in my little car so i bought the rockfords figuring lil amps big sound, they have sounded pretty good up untill now, i think im gonna ebay them and go for new alpine power v12's

yeah everythings right, it all comes off distrabution blocks and the other amps are working fine, im gonna tell them to take these pieces of sh*t back to europe where they belong

Originally posted by jgallo772 its one of my 500's it blows fuses the second you put them in, and if you bypass the fuses it welds right on to the wire, ive never seen an amp do this before...
Inline fuses or amp fuses?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.