Votes: 1 11.1%
  • NSV4 Series

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Sundown Team

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
They are good amps but you get what you pay for. They dont handle low loads as good as the splx or the big Korean boards..  a dual 1ohm dd9918 esp and this will get you into the 150s even in stock.  

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/synergy-audio-wtf-5-1d-5-500w-rms-mono-block.html

After 3k clamped 3" coils are useless for daily with a few exceptions. .  The team fi and dd 99 esp SC have very strong motors. So does the SD team but they better lowend drivers.
Thanks ill take a look at the DD 18's

Op ought to be clear on his goals... IIRC he's looking for something to tune to 29hz or so in a Tahoe/Large SUV and be and handle some serious power. 

If I'm following this correctly he wants a 3K+ daily single 18" that KILLS the lows. Heck, there are lot's of subs that'll deliver what he wants... 😂

I'd go with a Nsv4 18, strengthen his electrical a ton and get a hellava' box design

But on the other hand... lol

those are bad ass amps, will do 7,000 all day, I just have a 2500.1 XTR and it's breaking 7,000 dynamic.

Orion is killing the amp game.
Wow, nice bro, ya iv made the switch to the Orion 8k haha so ill have plenty of power.   And i think iv been talked into the Nightshade v4, to pound them lows. 

Op ought to be clear on his goals... IIRC he's looking for something to tune to 29hz or so in a Tahoe/Large SUV and be and handle some serious power. 

If I'm following this correctly he wants a 3K+ daily single 18" that KILLS the lows. Heck, there are lot's of subs that'll deliver what he wants... 😂

I'd go with a Nsv4 18, strengthen his electrical a ton and get a hellava' box design

But on the other hand... lol
I know they can take some serious power but I'd struggle to suggest any 3" could over 3500 rms. My 3" coils after 3500 would have power compression even on music. But then again I'm clamping 7kw..

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they can take some serious power but I'd struggle to suggest any 3" could over 3500 rms. My 3" coils after 3500 would have power compression even on music. But then again I'm clamping 7kw..
The length of the coil and the layers of the copper doesn't matter just diameter of the coil?  The NSv4 having a mounting depth of over 15" im thinking that coil is alot longer then most. 

The length of the coil and the layers of the copper doesn't matter just diameter of the coil?  The NSv4 having a mounting depth of over 15" im thinking that coil is alot longer then most. 
of course it does but if 7kw is a lot for a 4 inch coil it doesnt matter the length of the 3 inch coil or its layers. 3500 is the max you should give a 3 inch coil

EMF ermergurd 18 that thing is a monster and has a xmesh of I think 4.25" just 1 18 that can move over 4" just sounds like a cool thing to see when you look in your about to fall off rearview mirror

get one of every 18" available and then move on to every 18" thats discontinued. try them all on every amp rated over 2k and report back to us. aka, ive never used an 18" in a car, so i have no useful input

Looks like I’ll be getting 2 NSV4 wired down to 1ohm on an Orion 8k v2 amp, in a 28.5hz box.  Along with a nex4400 or nex2240 for apple play. 

Hoping to clamp around 7k total.  

Cant decide on 45ah limitless + a d3400 or two d3100 + a bank of caps.  

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...