Head Unit with Hard Drive/Flash Drive

Participant count
  • Participant list

soldiermedic
10+ year member

Noob4Life
I plan on getting a new touchscreen deck for my Tahoe. Are there any out there that will play pre-made playlists from flash drives via USB? I'm not using my phone or any Apple device, just a regular *** 1 TB flash drive. I want to create my own playlists and get the head unit to play them. I'm using Mixtrax.

It this the type of head you're talking about? Not sure about the quality of this one, being an ebay head and all, just want to see if this is what you're after so folks can point you in the right direction.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Inch-2-DIN-Car-MP5-Player-FM-Touch-Radio-USB-Bluetooth-Head-Unit-Rear-Camera/142389241372?hash=item21270f661c:g:nGYAAOSwZB9Z9ADz
Dang...That's almost exactly what I'm talking about. Crazy thing is that I already plan on running an external sound processor, if this thing can do what any other name brand can do, I wonder if I should go with it. It's even better that it describes that it can handle all those different formats of music. In any case, this is the direction I need to go in. Thanks a bunch!

Dang...That's almost exactly what I'm talking about. Crazy thing is that I already plan on running an external sound processor, if this thing can do what any other name brand can do, I wonder if I should go with it. It's even better that it describes that it can handle all those different formats of music. In any case, this is the direction I need to go in. Thanks a bunch!
The least I can do for upsetting you yesterday, you understand I have nothing against you.
It's cheap enough to take a chance, I guess? The GUI could be clunky, though. Or the sound might be subpar. (dare I say? yikes).

The least I can do for upsetting you yesterday, you understand I have nothing against you.
It's cheap enough to take a chance, I guess? The GUI could be clunky, though. Or the sound might be subpar. (dare I say? yikes).
No worries, mate. I didn't even pay attention to anything past getting the information that I needed. And I ABSOLUTELY APPRECIATE you for offering your insight.

In regards to subpar sound, I haven't grasped the idea behind processing sound from the source versus manipulating it through the external sound processor. Is there any information or experience that you have that leads to thinking that a flat signal from a head unit can or cannot be effectively altered through a DSP?

No worries, mate. I didn't even pay attention to anything past getting the information that I needed. And I ABSOLUTELY APPRECIATE you for offering your insight.
In regards to subpar sound, I haven't grasped the idea behind processing sound from the source versus manipulating it through the external sound processor. Is there any information or experience that you have that leads to thinking that a flat signal from a head unit can or cannot be effectively altered through a DSP?
i installed a pioneer double din in a friends car and he used a 1tb external hdd on it with no problems. do yourself the favor and dont cheap out on the source unit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.