Head Unit after market or stock oem upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ali2627

Hey so i have a 2010 honda insight and it uses a 6.2 head unit the problem is I need your help to find something that will last me a long time and outputs good. I'm fairly new here and I got a subwoofer installed now after having a topic made here a few months ago. Now im not sure but my car has 2 front tweeters and 4 door speakers with a subwoofer ( subwoofer is connected to a door speaker to get input) I want something to be under 100 to 150$ and preferably a name brand or a really really good experience with those no-name ebay specials. I saw a boss head unit for cheap like 89$ but i know after chatting with people here boss is the shittiest brand you can buy. So please help! ive checked amazon and ebay!

My needs List

> input for 2 tweeters and 4 mid speaker with enough power since the door speaker is connected to a sub

> Reverse camera input

> I park outside in the heat and cold so reliability is key

> 6.2 size and can get an adapter for Hondas

any questions post below!!!!

here is a link to the OEM head unit 

https://www.ebay.com/p/2010-2011-Honda-Insight-Navigation-GPS-CD-Mp3-Player-Radio-W-Code-10-11/1223413132?iid=332641258251&chn=ps

PLEASE NOTE THE BLACK PLASTIC TRIM PART ISN'T NEEDED I HAVE IT :) in the link above.

My needs List

> input for 2 tweeters and 4 mid speaker with enough power since the door speaker is connected to a sub

> Reverse camera input

> I park outside in the heat and cold so reliability is key

> 6.2 size and can get an adapter for Hondas

any questions post below!!!!
uhm, any decent deck is going to have a sub pre-out thereby eliminating the need to tap off the rear speakers for signal

I already had it wired to the rear..... by a shop lol im just gonna keep it like that it has a converter so its fine plus im not looking forward to un do the wiring and re connect a new line from front of the car to the back.

I already had it wired to the rear..... by a shop lol im just gonna keep it like that it has a converter so its fine plus im not looking forward to un do the wiring and re connect a new line from front of the car to the back.
okay then. any double din from the major brands will do what youre looking for. i live in south dakota and have used pioneers in my honda and theyre rock solid temp wise. i replaced my avh-x4500bt in the last year (it was over 4 years old) because the digitizer thought i was constantly pressing on the very bottom center of the screen. Id be glad to wager any amount of money that my lovably yet insane dog did it while i popped into the gas station to get a pack of smokes. seriously doubt it was the fault of the mfg or weather

In your current wiring situation, your HU will be amping a preamp signal to power the door speaker, then your amp has to de-amp the speaker level input to a pre-amp input and then reamplify the signal for the sub... This is just stupid, assuming you have another option..

Get 'any' decent HU - kenwood, pioneer, JVC. Run RCAs to the amp in the trunk from the HU's pre-out and be done with it.

In your current wiring situation, your HU will be amping a preamp signal to power the door speaker, then your amp has to de-amp the speaker level input to a pre-amp input and then reamplify the signal for the sub... This is just stupid, assuming you have another option..

Get 'any' decent HU - kenwood, pioneer, JVC. Run RCAs to the amp in the trunk from the HU's pre-out and be done with it.
but he doesnt look forward to running rca's tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.