HDC3 A tuned to 50hz

car peaks at 41hz id need alot more port area to lower my tuning i think like 40 inches length would drop me to like 45 hz ive never heard a box tuned so high but it can't sound that badly on rap music can it?
You will hate it. I ran AQ HDC3's at 48hz for a little while and hated it. And theres no point to tune that much higher than your peak freq. I would suggest a 38-40hz tuning. Ive done many builds for these (1 18 in a wall @ 36hz, 1 12 in a truck @ 38hz, my car 2 10's in trunk 40hz and i hated my 48hz tuned box). What size sub is it? a 10" it looks like from your sig? Also what car?

You will hate it. I ran AQ HDC3's at 48hz for a little while and hated it. And theres no point to tune that much higher than your peak freq. I would suggest a 38-40hz tuning. Ive done many builds for these (1 18 in a wall @ 36hz, 1 12 in a truck @ 38hz, my car 2 10's in trunk 40hz and i hated my 48hz tuned box). What size sub is it? a 10" it looks like from your sig? Also what car?

yup 10' hdc3 getting an alum as soon as AQ sends me my price will be in the trunk of a corolla

i was also considering an external 6inch aero saw something similiar from a member of team sundown

why an 8" port for a single 10?

and if your set up truly peaks at 41Hz there is no reason to tune at 50Hz.

Do a single 4-6" external aero tuned around 45Hz and start cutting off 1" at a time until you get your loudest number. Then do a 2nd aero tuned around 35Hz if you want to play a lot of rap for daily.

An NO on tuning to 30Hz like someone suggested as there's no point in doing that. If it sounded good either your tuning was miscalculated or it could have sounded better and got louder tuned higher...

My wall was tuned to 36Hz for daily and I played Decaf's 29Hz version of "trunk bang" full tilt no problem and did nice hair tricks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.