hdc3 12 VS fi BL 12 ( for my situation)

kabosh
10+ year member

I have a 2.5 cuft ported box and a brz1200 im looking to run at 1 ohm, i just cant decide on which sub to buy between the aq hdc 12 or the BL 12. Just looking for a loud sub with decent quality. Let me know which one to choose and why.[MENTION][/MENTION] I plan on replacing my amp down the line for a better 1200-1500 rms at one ohm as well so that could be a factor.

Edit: Basiccally im leaning towards the AQ, its cheaper and delivered faster. Only thing im worried about on that sub is I've read it actually handles 2k+ rms daily, im only gonna be putting around 1200 to it initially, will that cause a problem? will it beat as hard as the BL would with 1200? I don't know how it works when u get a high power sub like that on less then it wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
copper coil HDC will do fine off 1200watts. Yes it will handle more power down the line, but it will be fine for now. I'm currently running 1500watts to an HDC4 since my amp is being repaired and this is all I have. Gets quite loud off that power level.

2.5cubes net might be a little big for a BL...

BL for sure, it has many options to be put onto it. Also the BL sounds better IMO than the hdc3. Who knows also what is going to happen to AQ now SQ with their stupid name change.

BL for sure, it has many options to be put onto it. Also the BL sounds better IMO than the hdc3. Who knows also what is going to happen to AQ now SQ with their stupid name change.
Only thing going to happen is the AQ name/logo will be gone since audioquest sued them.

I prefer the sound of the HDC over the Q and BL, all subjective as you know....

Only thing going to happen is the AQ name/logo will be gone since audioquest sued them.
I prefer the sound of the HDC over the Q and BL, all subjective as you know....
Agreed but, with fi you will always have the option to personalize your sub.

Agreed but, with fi you will always have the option to personalize your sub.
who the fug cares //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Has nothing to do with which one will work in his enclosure and his power level. Off 1200watts I'd do a Q vs a BL. Every BL set up I've heard sounded like complete ***. Wife's Q sounds solid but is bottom heavy and rolls off on the top end pretty quickly...

who the fug cares //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Has nothing to do with which one will work in his enclosure and his power level. Off 1200watts I'd do a Q vs a BL. Every BL set up I've heard sounded like complete ***. Wife's Q sounds solid but is bottom heavy and rolls off on the top end pretty quickly...
I care a lot about many of the options. Cooling, internal leads and I am assuming spl/daily is spider adjustments. https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154ff2b4ec541e4/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0020_BL/product_overview.shopscript

Or just buy the aq that will still out preform a bl with options.. I had a 15 hdc3 with aluminum coils, was doing 47s off 1500 outlaw. Bish got loud.

Ive heard bls and qs. Qs sound ok. Bls just dont interest me.

AQ. cheaper, good quality, rated for 1k rms but know for a fact they can handle more, cheap recones if ever needed, pretty much the sister company to DD and you wont invest much into them upfront to take a hit on later down the road if you ever wanted to sell

Audioque doesn't need options its built properly for daily/spl there is cooling etc coil option. I have a ab hd redone in a kove Armageddon z motor and it gets low with great sq just need te correct enclosure. Like it over a dc xl. Haven't heard a bl my friend has a btl n2 and it's very bottom heavy but DESTROYS the lows loudest 12 I have heard for 35 hz and down don't know how much that helps just my two cents if you want to go 40hz and up with music go aq and decent lows. lows only go fi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.