Harman Kardon spkrs in bmw

spradley

Hi all,

I am baffled at the lack of information I can find on the impedence value of Harman Kardon speakers that come factory in the BMW 3 series cars.

Most of the car stereo shops say you have to replace the entire system or leave it alone.

Anyone ever upgraded just the speakers in one of these cars?

Any info appreciated.

Gary

i dont think that you can just upgrade certain parts of the bmw audio system. the subwoofer systems in bmws are 8 ohms, as i believe the rest of the system is, i am not 100% positive though. double check with a local shop.

Originally posted by Wonderbread get out your trust DMM (digital Multi meter) or your Volt-Ohm meter and find out for yourself.
Talking about LCR meters? I was so keen on getting on of those so I could make my own xovers...

Yea, some factory car audio systems have werd ohm ratings for their speakers. My BOSE speakers are wired to 1ohm which means I have to upgrade it all (HU and speakers) if I want a new system. Which I am doing, even though its one of the nicest factory systems Ive heard...

Originally posted by Woodmister Yea, some factory car audio systems have werd ohm ratings for their speakers. My BOSE speakers are wired to 1ohm which means I have to upgrade it all (HU and speakers) if I want a new system. Which I am doing, even though its one of the nicest factory systems Ive heard...
True True my factory bose sub and amp actually ran at 0.5ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.