Guess what I found in my wife's SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.

wareagle72
10+ year member

Need some advice on what to do. Gave my wife my 4-Runner a year ago and I forgot I had some equipment left in it. IDQ10 D4 V.2 Subwoofer, Sony XM-504x amp and MB Quart 6.5" Components.

Here the deal. I want to reuse the IDQ10 (i think it is a dual voice coil 2 ohm speaker) Can anyone validate? i plan on using the amp to power some new speakers I have purchased for my new truck. So what amp should I put on the IDQ10. My head unit is a Nak CD-400.

Any comments or suggestions?

hmmm, how can u forget that u have subs in the back? i mean i understand spekaers, but not being able to see a huge ass sub in there?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

just find out wat impedance the subs r n u go from there. one way is to take the sub from the box and look in the back, it should say the impedance.

Yeah, silly me to forget...but the sub was in a small Q-logic custom enclosure and it literally blended in with the interior of the vehicle. And i never drive her truck. I think I will go pull it out now and have a look.

Any amp suggestions?

I just took the sub ut of the enclosure and looked at the way it was wired...and it doesn't look like the illustration you attached.

The positive from the amp came to the first set of positive posts on the sub. Then the negative from the amp went to the negative of the other posts...and then a wire was run between the positive and negative of the two voice coils. I hope I am using the correct terms. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Does that make sense? Can anyone help?

Originally posted by wareagle72 My head unit is a Nak CD-400.
You have the CD-400? How is it? Is it worth the money? I've been looking everywhere for reviews of it or other information about it, but there's not a whole lot available. Also, where'd you get it from?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but you're the first person I've heard of with the new unit.

Originally posted by wareagle72 I just took the sub ut of the enclosure and looked at the way it was wired...and it doesn't look like the illustration you attached.

The positive from the amp came to the first set of positive posts on the sub. Then the negative from the amp went to the negative of the other posts...and then a wire was run between the positive and negative of the two voice coils. I hope I am using the correct terms. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Does that make sense? Can anyone help?
From the looks of the model number (IDQ10 D4 V.2) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the "D4" stands for Dual 4 , or 4 ohm voice coils, although I could be wrong, I dont really know much about Image Dynamics equipment. The wiring you described is called series wiring, and it makes sense...it just means that the amp is seeing an 8-ohm load...which really isnt much power...

awalbert88:

So far I love the cd-400. I had a cd-45z before this. Take note...the 400 is very plain looking. But that is what I like. So far it has played all the CDR's I have put in it without any problems. The dual backlighting is very nice also. Since I just had it installed and am only using the internal amp for my stock Chevy Tahoe speakers, I probably not doing the Nak much justice. I am in the works of upgrades though.

Brock:

So what do I do? I am pretty confused right now. Thanks

Look at the date moron!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ban.gif.ce8465566702ef9f72e97e794ed1c86a.gif

IBTL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and welcome n00b:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...