Grandpas Pride and Joy Pioneer

yeah the 3003 is different, bigger coil, dual spiders, twice the magnet.. also 1 of the reasons they are so cheap is they only come in 12" d4., no 10's or 15's or d2 or svc 4ohm so they probably order 100,000 at a time for like $15 each or something crazy low.. pretty sure it's a japan sub not china.. just saying peeps getting 2 cheap 10's for $120 or something could get 1 of these and probably put more power to it and they take small boxes.. i had 2 old old model ones called "5 bullet cones" sealed with 600rms total and after 4 yrs of free subs from stereo shop (memphis orion etc) the installer said "u know the best sounding subs u ever had were the pioneers".. they were 400rms 2" coil i think, found only this 1 pic online https://imgur.com/k0NKQQj
I almost picked up a pair of 12s in that style that were mint in a nice custom box for $80 in Houston at a pawn shop ..but I didn’t have the room to get them home ....

Yeah, that sub is better than the Walmart subs. Actually bought one from Trumpet for my nephew . We put it in 2 cubes@35hz. Powers by a PPi ion 650.1. Can’t lie, sounds good but I’m sure if could sound better due to his weak electrical system.
that's a close to perfect set up for less than $200 in equipment, hard to bet for the $..

Bump.

Honestly just looking for a CHEAP budget setup for a daily.

My electrical is pretty decent...

Mechman 240a alt ($100 facebook marketplace score - seriously)

1 run of SHCA 1/0

Brand new Deka/Sam's Club AGM battery (like - brand new as in purchased on Saturday night June 23, 2018)

Two of these wired down to 1 ohm on a perfectly functional Audiopoop 1500.

Decent? Really trying to be under $200 for the subs here - and I KNOW, I KNOW, cheap ain't good and good ain't cheap... but I'm being cheap because it's in a $500 daily driver beater. lol

Think it would live in a daily?

Bump.
Honestly just looking for a CHEAP budget setup for a daily.

My electrical is pretty decent...

Mechman 240a alt ($100 facebook marketplace score - seriously)

1 run of SHCA 1/0

Brand new Deka/Sam's Club AGM battery (like - brand new as in purchased on Saturday night June 23, 2018)

Two of these wired down to 1 ohm on a perfectly functional Audiopoop 1500.

Decent? Really trying to be under $200 for the subs here - and I KNOW, I KNOW, cheap ain't good and good ain't cheap... but I'm being cheap because it's in a $500 daily driver beater. lol

Think it would live in a daily?
yeah man 2 3003 pros would be great on that amp i ran over 900rms to 1 for over 6 months.. it still works great used it a week while waiting for my new fu750.. speaking of fu the 750 is on sale for $150 and 1 of those on that amp in good ported box would be awesome.. here's video of mine knocking bottles off roof (my roof is stiff because it's curve & sunroof is thick and tight) this is 750 on 1100rms

I almost bought two of the FU750s but I don't want to do another box. Just ordered two of those Pioneers for $179 from Amazon... To hell with it.

It's not a good box - it's a ported q-bomb that I robbed from a customer's trade in that had some ****** boss subs in it and no amp when he traded it. Can't complain for free.99 though.

I just bought (And returned) a pair of these. I researched pretty long and these are one of the best subs for $80/pc. I had the power but they were in a less than desirable sealed box. So, I'll take the hit for them. Came to the conclusion that I need to tone down my substage and have a more well rounded setup. They have good weight, sturdy construction and got loud with what they had to work with. Do it.

I almost bought two of the FU750s but I don't want to do another box. Just ordered two of those Pioneers for $179 from Amazon... To hell with it.
It's not a good box - it's a ported q-bomb that I robbed from a customer's trade in that had some ****** boss subs in it and no amp when he traded it. Can't complain for free.99 though.
that amp not really strong enough for 2 750's anyway., set ss filter to 40hz on amp cause that qbomb is tuned about 45 hz after sub disp.. u need to get a box tuned around 32hz before sub disp to end up around 35hz after sub disp for 2 12's.. won't play low but should be loud..

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

I just bought (And returned) a pair of these. I researched pretty long and these are one of the best subs for $80/pc. I had the power but they were in a less than desirable sealed box. So, I'll take the hit for them. Came to the conclusion that I need to tone down my substage and have a more well rounded setup. They have good weight, sturdy construction and got loud with what they had to work with. Do it.
they pretty awesome ported

You're right - it's 40hz. Womp.
Definitely need a box upgrade soon. They'll be loud though - that's alright for now.
i have the pioneer modeled few diff ways in wins program.. if u measure that box and port width and depth i'll check it for rear port air velocity..

Well, they arrived today and got installed. I'm actually pretty impressed with these. Wired them to 1 ohm and put them on the AP. Set my gain with a multimeter.

Grandpa - box is as follows 14"D x 32"W x 13-3/4"H Made of 5/8 MDF. Port is 10.25"D x 2"W x 12.75"H

Well, they arrived today and got installed. I'm actually pretty impressed with these. Wired them to 1 ohm and put them on the AP. Set my gain with a multimeter.
Grandpa - box is as follows 14"D x 32"W x 13-3/4"H Made of 5/8 MDF. Port is 10.25"D x 2"W x 12.75"H
oh 5/8's? u really need to screw a 3/4" baffle on front to mount those 2 subs box will flex that thin.. does it have separte chambers or shared airspace?

wow that port i small, i had 18sq in per on 1.63cfad box u have 25.5 sq in for what looks like 2.4cfad if box has separate chambers (show me pic or link) that would be less than 11sq in port per cf.. i'll check it i think your amp tested about 1300 at 1 ohm so i'll input 900 system power (may not be quite that much but better to be safe).. ok #1 box is too small (should be 1.5cf per sub it's more like 1.25 after sub and port disp) #2 port is to small (if amp does 900rms@ 2 ohm) but just barely to small., well i just saw amp dynos and looks like after box rise it'll be 800rms max so changed input power and it's just at 32m/ps to high., but should be ok maybe turn gain back a tad i can should u video on how to set gain.. #3 box is tuned at 45hz just like i feared it would be so set ss fiilter close to 40hz!!, until u can find little bigger box with bigger port maybe used on fb or cl in your area.. tuned so high it shows almost a 6db peak at 60hz., if u like rock u will be happy.. if box is shared airspace then port is even worse but tuning maybe 1hz lower.. just pm me with any other boxes before u buy them ..

Yeah it's a single chamber.

I kind of want to design a box, but I think it's above my head.

I have a lot of room in the trunk. Even with my nice amp board taking a few inches away from me (made it from scrap MDF and vinyl - conceals everything nicely... I have (conservatively... with 2-3 inches to spare)

38" width

16" height

27" depth

to work with. I just spent an hour watching youtube videos and playing with winISD and I'm confused because my graph doesn't look anything like the dude in the video but it sounds like I have enough room to do something.

Yeah it's a single chamber.
I kind of want to design a box, but I think it's above my head.

I have a lot of room in the trunk. Even with my nice amp board taking a few inches away from me (made it from scrap MDF and vinyl - conceals everything nicely... I have (conservatively... with 2-3 inches to spare)

38" width

16" height

27" depth

to work with. I just spent an hour watching youtube videos and playing with winISD and I'm confused because my graph doesn't look anything like the dude in the video but it sounds like I have enough room to do something.
dude inputting specs into wins is a freakin pain.. pm shredder2 ask him to sketch u a dual 12 box about 3.2- 3.4cfad for the pioneers.. i can do one, in fact had 1 before that was for older pioneer pro model., it was about 3cf 35" w 15h idk how deep but only had 2.5"wide port i think.. i'll find it, it's in a book some where i'll pm specs to u after i re check them in wins (i just can't sketch up and show u a diagram.. shredder can if he has time)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.