Grand Cherokee owners, and all others:

Participant count
  • Participant list

JohnBlayz142
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys, first time posting here since joining. I'm no noob to car audio, but I'm not as into it as I used to be. Been out of the loop for awhile, and after checking out my boss' new setup (TypeR0149 on here) I think I have the bug again. Anyway, The G. Cherokee has 2.5" tweeters in the dash aimed at the windshield, pointing up. If I'm not mistaken, htis is a great location, and will be good for aftermarket suggestions.

What I would like help with, is picking out a set of 2.5" tweeters for this location (if it's even feasible for a good set) and some 6.5" midbass to replace the 6x9's in the front doors.

Would like to keep spending low, and I do all the work myself so that is not an issue. Eventually going to be selling my Diamond m612's and running perhaps a couple 15's or an 18. Anyway, any mids/highs suggestions are appreciated!! Thanks!

And just to add: I will most likely either get a powerful 2 channel for up front, or a 4 channel and upgrade the speakers all around, so power shouldn't be any issue.

i'm assuming a 93-95 because my 95 had tweeters in the dash but i didn't have 6x9's in the doors however. mounting depth isn't the greatest in those doors but not bad. you don't need 2.5" tweeters. i used 1" tweeters, just gotta make them fit and work. i highly recommend you run your own wiring into the door and tweeters instead of the oem because those jeeps have factory amps and you will get bad noise problems. anyways what is your budget? are you looking for a component set? are you trying to do active? if so do you have some sort of 3-way xover? if you are looking for "high powered" components, i recommend the older boston acoustic pros. very nice set and will need some good power to really make them shine.

**edit**

by the way i mounted my tweets in the stock location and they sounded great. i assume you haven't taken off the dash because the tweeters are not aimed at the windsheild. they are actually aimed towards the seat.

ditch the dash location

get a 2 way component set and mount the tweeter in the door, run a 2 channel amp to the front components, and power your rear speakers off of your head unit, should you choose to have any rears at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.