Good sub to replace my burned up Alpine SWR-12D4 Type-R?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hutt132
10+ year member

US
I have a JBL GTO 1001 1000-Watt amp and a ported 2.5cu ft. box tuned to 34Hz. I forgot to turn the volume down on my phone (I have to keep it 4 notches down or else it distorts the audio) and when I started playing music it burned up the voice coils in my subwoofer because the volume was too loud.

The Alpine SWR-12D4 Type-R is online Amazon for $140, and I was wondering if there is a better sub I could get for around $200, or if I should just buy another Alpine.

American bass xfl, soundqubed hds300, both are a lot more durable then the type R. You might need to learn how to set your amp gains and headunit settings properly because any sub will die from heavy clipping.

American bass xfl, soundqubed hds300, both are a lot more durable then the type R. You might need to learn how to set your amp gains and headunit settings properly because any sub will die from heavy clipping.
I'm sure I set the gain properly; the problem today was that I had my head unit at the "max" volume I typically listen to my music at, but I forgot to turn my phone's volume down four notches, which caused the sub to burn up within a minute.

I looked at the American Bass XFL1244 for $175 on Amazon and it looks nice. I'm going to look a little more into it and maybe purchase it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.