Good installers or knowledgable members in Michigan, Muskegon area for big 3 upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif anyone? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Just going to throw this out there, but the Big 3 is not very hard to do and is a great place to start when learning how to run wires for a system. I wouldn't mind helping you out if you would like to learn how to do it and make sure all is safe and working. Doing this could also help you gain confidence in doing other parts of your install too. Please disregard if you're getting someone else to do it because your too busy with work-kids, etc.

Just going to throw this out there, but the Big 3 is not very hard to do and is a great place to start when learning how to run wires for a system. I wouldn't mind helping you out if you would like to learn how to do it and make sure all is safe and working. Doing this could also help you gain confidence in doing other parts of your install too. Please disregard if you're getting someone else to do it because your too busy with work-kids, etc.
Hello Joseph,

I did install my system myself, so I'm fairly familiar with that part...Big 3 is something I did not do before and I rather have someone doing it for me or at least double check it if I would do it myself.

The Passat is my DD, so it has to be reliable and should not blow up one day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If I find someone who would do the big3 for me, I also would ask him to look over my install, I'm sure there are quite a few things to improve.

Hello,
anyone who would do the big 3 upgrade on my VW Passat for me? Possibly a 0gauge ground run back to the battery as well.

I would drive up to 100 miles 'if needed' to get it done.

Let me kow.

Thanks

Alex

let me know if you find someone that knows how to do this as well i need it done also and i am in the same boat as you alex i live in whitehall not far from muskegon have you tried tech audio in grand haven (1-616-844-1747) they might be able to do this i havent check back with them ever since they blew me off on building me a sub-box but you can try them either way keep me posted if you can...good luck

let me know if you find someone that knows how to do this as well i need it done also and i am in the same boat as you alex i live in whitehall not far from muskegon have you tried tech audio in grand haven (1-616-844-1747) they might be able to do this i havent check back with them ever since they blew me off on building me a sub-box but you can try them either way keep me posted if you can...good luck
Good information, thanks a bunch.

I did not even know we had a car audio shop in GH....I'll stop there tomorrow and see what they can do. I'll keep you posted.

It's a very very simple thing to do. You leave all the factory wiring intact and simply run your new wires along the factory wires with 0 gauge. It's as simple as unscrewing a bolt, placing the new terminal with wire onto the thread, and bolting it back down. The idea of it being an integral part of your system may sound daunting, but the actual task at hand is incredibly simple. I've learned everything my first time around, on my one and only car, with no prior experience. I assure you it is indeed as simple as I make it sound. The best part is, if you mess something up, the factory wiring is still there, so the car still functions fine.

good information, thanks a bunch.I did not even know we had a car audio shop in gh....i'll stop there tomorrow and see what they can do. I'll keep you posted.

ok bro sounds good there is also one on getty st. And summit called kreative kustoms but from what i hear and seen real hobby over there as far as overall quality but here is there number to 231-733-3000 if you want to check them out

Hello,
anyone who would do the big 3 upgrade on my VW Passat for me? Possibly a 0gauge ground run back to the battery as well.

I would drive up to 100 miles 'if needed' to get it done.

Let me kow.

Thanks

Alex
any word from these shops did you get yours done...???

any word from these shops did you get yours done...???
I was at Tech Audio yesterday, it seems to be a nice shop. He is booked out until Juli 4'th.

He'll do the big three for me, I also have him wire up my second amp for the front stage and put in the three way combo in the doors.

He said he is going to measure the OHM's on my ground point in the trunk, if it's more than 0.4 Ohm he is going to run a 0gauge wire from the battery in the back to the ground in the engine bay.

I kinda like him, he seems to know what he is doing and the reviews he got are good.

He estimated about $400 - $450 for the whole thing. If he has to do some glassfiber work for the combo it's gonna be some $$$ more of course.

The price is incl. labor and material which I think is not too bad considering the wire he is going to put in, I also need two distro blocks etc....

What ya think?

Alex

P.S. I probably would do it myself but my girlfriend and I moving down to Mexico on Juli 13'th and I have tons of prep work to do with our house, let alone packing up all of our stuff....so I thought fgg it, I pay someone doing it so I can focus on all the other things which need to be done befor the move.

It's a very very simple thing to do. You leave all the factory wiring intact and simply run your new wires along the factory wires with 0 gauge. It's as simple as unscrewing a bolt, placing the new terminal with wire onto the thread, and bolting it back down. The idea of it being an integral part of your system may sound daunting, but the actual task at hand is incredibly simple. I've learned everything my first time around, on my one and only car, with no prior experience. I assure you it is indeed as simple as I make it sound. The best part is, if you mess something up, the factory wiring is still there, so the car still functions fine.
Thanks for the info, yeah, as more as I read about it as more of an easy task it get, anyways, currently I can't stretch my free-time long enough to take car of the car audio....unfortunately.

did he give you a set price just for the big 3 or no...??? did you get to see any of his work...???
he did not, he quoted the whole thing which includes the big three.I can ask him how much he would charge for the big three when I drop off my car if you'd like?

I only seen the pictures he has on his webpage, not much to go by but the little I've seen looked good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.