Give me $600 in trades (or $500 cash) for my Cyclone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suicide Bobb
5,000+ posts

SPLC Fails
Since I am pretty much out of luck with selling this thing because the economy is so rough, I figure I'll just trade it for smaller things (cash wise, not size). I need things that are easy to sell on craigslist or eGay, like JL, Rockford, Alpine, etc. I don't care what it is. I'll take partial cash as well, I would prefer that the most. You can just tell me what you have, I'll find out what it's selling for locally, and we'll go from there.

If you come across this and you do want to buy it, I'll take $500+shipping.

My Cyclone is LNIB. It has been used, but is in perfect condition besides a fingerprint or two on the vanes (the "cone" of the sub). It is in the original box with the original "foil" covered styrofoam packaging and the original paperwork. If you have to ask questions about what it is, I can guarantee you won't end up buying it. This sub is only for serious Cyclone enthusiasts, or those going for the ultimate in sound quality in their car/home. Unless you just want to get it for show and tell, which is perfectly fine. It looks just as good as it sounds!

Yes, the date on the pics is old. These were used with my previous for sale thread. And for those who kept track of that thread and saw that I traded it to Geoff, he just traded it back to me. We tend to do that a lot lol

Are you 100% positive they were that price new....?!?! I'd be willing to bet not, but anyhow, good luck with the sale and very nice "sub"!

V.

they were $850 new and i think most people dont want them for comps...Its only a 300 watt sub but those 300 watts sound **** good..
These are absolutely not meant for DB Drag competitions. They are terrible as far as output goes. But I bet they could win a SQ comp if someone did a good job with them...

I can attest to them being $850 MSRP.... I remember seeing the brochures about them at Stereo King and other stores //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I don't think I ever actually saw one in stock. I'm using a set of PG Titanium 12's that sound awesome for SQ but probably wouldn't do well on the meter. The Cyclone is the closest thing to high end pro audio or theater sound for the Car enviroment. There's a lot of similar designs on Youtube for home theater that can creep down into the 10hz zone or less!

how much were you willing to bet that they werent $850 new?? Ill bet you $50 and im sure some of the other guys will bet you also..I take paypal or money order as forms of payment

Ok, my apologies about the new price on them. 5-6 years ago so I'm a lil off.

Bump for a nice sub.

Email me with what you want as far as trades. I have a JL 13w7 D1.5 if you're interested in it.

Thanks!

vitveet@hotmail.com

V.

Ok, my apologies about the new price on them. 5-6 years ago so I'm a lil off.Bump for a nice sub.

Email me with what you want as far as trades. I have a JL 13w7 D1.5 if you're interested in it.

Thanks!

vitveet@hotmail.com

V.
If you would have offered me that about 2 weeks ago, I would have followed through //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Alas, I am trading it to Shinju. But I appreciate the offer!

Man i cant belive these things are so hard to sell ,Ive had 3 people on ebay buy mine and none of them paid for it...And that was for $400 ,well glad you finally ended up trading it what did you end up with for it?

Man i cant belive these things are so hard to sell ,Ive had 3 people on ebay buy mine and none of them paid for it...And that was for $400 ,well glad you finally ended up trading it what did you end up with for it?
Yeah I know!

I'm rollin up to Centralia here in a bit to trade it for 3 o/s Earthquake DBX-10s, a PPI A1200 that needs a new gain pot, and an LA Sound amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Courtesy of Shinju!

not bad ,i think im gonna have to end up trading mine pretty soon here too,Its crazy i had a jl audio 12w7 a 1000/1 and a 300/4 and i sold it all on ebay within a day...Might have to trade it for some jl or fosgate stuff

I'll also interject that the $850 selling price NEW is what they were going for...

about 2-3 years ago clones were selling on ebay for 200-300 used....on the bay....and ones that were new....if you knew anything about clones...they need to be cleaned, if you took yours apart and cleaned the motor assembly, and verify it...someone would pay you an extra 50-100 for that. As that's what the going price at the time for sending them into PG to clean them ($100+ship)

I've picked up 3 of them in the past....kept two...

Now....they are typically selling for close to 400....but not much more than that unfortunately.

I've been lucky to acquire and keep the two I've got. An X-Friend and I've taken both apart, replaced bearings and cleaned the motors, as well as put a special clear coat on the magnets to keep them from shedding magnetic particles.

Here's a link to some of the repair work done:

Cyclone repair pictures by mrwakeup - Photobucket

Here's my install:

IMG_0834.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Suicide Bobb

5,000+ posts
SPLC Fails