Gettin started.

borajake

Well this weekend I'm planning to finally tackle my box. I've got 2 10" type R's going in, I got a good deal on them from a friend.. so I cant complain. Basically I'm a newb when it comes to building SQ boxes.. but I've been wood working doing custom cabinetry since I could lift a nailgun. I'm not really a bass head, and I wont be doing any SPL stuff, I just need something that hits tight and will thump to make my music more enjoyable.

Theres going to be 250w going to each sub, rearfiring into the trunk of my 2000 jetta. Any suggestions on box design? I've read that sealed is better SQ I guess? So I'm just planning dimensions to minimize the truck space I lose. I still need to carry some things around now and then.

Any feedback would be great, thanks.

Yes sealed would be good for those. Look aroud on the net like alpine.com maybye and find the owners manual it will tell you how many cu ft your box should be for the power you are running to them. your a carpenter so calculating what size the box needs to be for the given volume souldent be a problem. have fun.

Here is a box design i used with dual tens and it came out pretty good. Its just a regular ported box but it has some size to get the ultimate low bass. That will really turn heads when you drive by. If you have a big trunk it will work great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.