FS: Yamaha RX-V659 HT Receiver (7.1) in Excellent Condition ($250 shipped)

Audio Junkies
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tampa
This is my baby, a Yamaha RX-V659 7.1 Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver that is in excellent condition. I haven't really used it much as I would like and it has been collecting dust lately since I'm in the process of redoing my system. It is a great receiver and comes with a room calibration microphone to fine tune your audio system automatically. The pictures are of the actual unit up for sale.

Audioholics.com wrote a glowing review of this receiver,

"The Yamaha RX-V659 is a receiver cut from a different cloth from what we are accustomed to in this price class. It shared many of the virtues of its bigger brother - the RX-V2600 such as a large E-core transformer, large capacitor bank (71V 12,000uF Caps x 2). 50V caps would have been plenty to achieve 100wpc, though using 71V caps gives Yamaha plenty of design margin and added headroom since the rails can safely been swung much higher. There is nothing wimpy about the amp section of this receiver and as you will find in the Measurements & Analysis section of my review, this receiver is an overachiever and delivered MORE than its rated power.

The RX-V659 employees all burr brown 192kHz/24bit DACs and Yamaha's Top Art construction found on their more expensive receivers. All in all, I liked what I was seeing under the hood of this new budget Yamaha receiver and looked forward to determining if the sum of the parts equated to good performance and sound quality... a signature hallmark of Yamaha's high end receivers."

"We've never seen such stellar results in a receiver of this price class."

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/receivers/yamaha-rx-v659/overview-and-build-quality

*Not only does this receiver put out some serious power, it also has pre-outs for all seven channels and the subwoofer. That feature is very rare for a receiver in this price range.

Specifications

Channels 7

RMS Output Power (20Hz - 20kHz) 100W x 7

Total Power (20Hz - 20kHz) 700W

Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Pro Logic IIx •

DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 •

DTS 96/24 / DTS Neo:6 •

Pure Direct •

iPod Compatibility •

Compressed Music Enhancer •

Neural Surround •

XM HD Surround •

XM Satellite Radio Ready •

Component Video (In/Out) (3 / 1)

A/V Inputs (S-Video) 5 (All S-Video)

Digital Inputs/Outputs [O: Optical, C: Coaxial] (O: 4, C: 2 / O: 1)

Front A/V with Digital Input • (S-Video / Optical)

D/A Conversion 192 kHz / 24 bit

Surround Programs 14

Night Listening Enhancer •

Time Base Corrector •

Component Video Up Conversion •

S-Video Up Conversion •

Dialogue Lift •

YPAO (w/Optimizer Microphone) •

On-Screen Display •

Assignable Power Amp •

Zone Speaker Terminals •

Zone 2 Output • (Audio Only)

Zone Power Switching • Main/ Zone2 (Front Panel)

+12V Trigger Output •

IR Ports •

Speaker A, B or A + B •

Selectable Subwoofer Crossover •

Multi-Channel Decoder Inputs 8-Channel

Pre-Out All Channels •

Learning Remote Capability Preset

Product Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-1/8" x 6-3/4" x 16-9/16"

Product Weight (lbs.) 27.1

Shipping Dimensions (W X H X D) 21-13/16" x 10-5/8" x 19-13/16"

Shipping Weight (LBS) 34.2

More info can be seen at the Yamaha website:

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=200506&CTID=5000300&ATRID=1000&DETYP=ATTRIBUTE

Pm me and I can send you a pdf of the manual if needed.

There is a small scratch on each side on the top of the receiver from my Adcom amplifier that was sitting on top. They are hardly noticeable though and not visible from the front. Other than that the unit is in flawless condition. This is a great receiver that has an MSRP of $550 and usually sells for about $400.

The receiver is in perfect working condition (you can see it powered on in the picture) and will be shipped via FedEx or UPS Ground with full insurance. The remote is also included.

Price is $230 shipped. Any questions, feel free to ask.

3590321gv6.jpg

3590328mo7.jpg

3590338bz0.jpg

3590342hi9.jpg

3590345vp0.jpg

3590332ew0.jpg

3590333wp0.jpg

remotewj3.jpg

It sure does...

Component Video Up Conversion •

S-Video Up Conversion •

It also has Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for all channels.

hahah I sent you an email today....asking about shipping? Let me know when you have some shipping prices to Canada?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Audio Junkies

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Audio Junkies
Tampa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies