FS: VZW SAMSUNG OMNIA Smartphone - amazing deal

WillyG4444
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ridgewood
PRICE - 135 SHIPPED TO YOU

Goes for a lot more on ebay - no lowballs, no trades, it's an amazing deal as is.

I'm selling my Samsung Omnia that's less than a year old. It runs better than new due to a few software mods. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif First off, the only reason I'm selling is because I want to try the new Blackberry Tour that's coming out and I usually never keep a phone for more than a year, because I'm always wanting whatever comes out. It's not good for my wallet though, and I need some cash for this phone to justify the purchase!! Price is this low because I need money for a new phone. If it doesn't sell soon, I'll just throw it on ebay. So, I'll start with some pics. Not great quality, but they'll do.

Phone is in great shape except there are a couple small scratches on the left side of the chrome trim of the phone which hopefully can be seen in the pics, and a tiny surface scratch on the screen (very small) which doesn't affect the screen/colors anything. You can't even feel it's a scratch when you run your finger over it. I'ts very tiny. The back cover has a couple surface scratches, but hey you can't expect to keep a phone in pristine condition. I've had it in a case for 3/4 of the time I've had it.

Ok, on to the pics!

Front of the phone

IMG_1269.jpg

Back of the phone - 5 MP Camera on top

IMG_1270.jpg

Trying to show the couple of scratches on the chrome

IMG_1273.jpg

WM 6.5 Today Screen

IMG_1275.jpg

WM 6.5 Start menu honeycomb type icons

IMG_1276.jpg

Facebook App

IMG_1277.jpg

Youtube App

IMG_1278.jpg

Flashlight on the phone - it's actually the flash that the camera uses, but there's a flashlight icon that keeps it lit... it's actually a very good flashlight when it's dark and you need to find something. I was surprised at how bright it was.

IMG_1279.jpg

So, there are a few pics. Now, on to what you get. I'll explain the software changes and accessories you will get. Hopefully you understand what I'm saying with the software part, I'll try to make it simple. And I'll outline some cool things on the phone.

- I will reflash a Windows Mobile 6.5 custom ROM that minimizes the device memory used, and makes the phone more snappy. I'm running 6.5 now, but I'll reflash just to give you a phone with nothing in the memory except preloaded apps and such.

- Has 8gb internal storage, and I have a 2gb microSD card I'll include for you to use as extra memory. You can put up to 16gb external I believe if you want, but I didn't use this phone for a music player so I didn't need more than the 8 + 2 external. If you don't want 6.5 I can always put 6.1 on again, if you aren't ready for the leap to 6.5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- 5MP camera w/ autofocus, smile detection, panoramic setting etc. It won't replace your camera, but I tweaked the settings to where the pics look pretty darn good for a phone camera. I'll include some pics I've taken if interested.

-The phone has

-Bluetooh

-Wifi

-GPS - the GPS is now enabled due to flashing the new VZW ROM that unlocks the GPS. If you'd like to know more about what I'm talking about you can ask, I'll explain.

- Has FM Radio built in. You use a small connector that plugs into where the charger would be as the antenna. You'll probably just use pandora or something, but if you like FM radio instead it's pretty cool.

- Can obviously play music/movies/etc. It also has DiVx support which is cool.

- Obviously it's a touch screen - I can include the stylus, but the phone is extremely touch friendly to where I never find myself wanting one. Especially with WM 6.5. Also, the optical trackpad is great, and you can also change it to mouse mode if you prefer a mouse instead of the trackpad. I prefer the trackpad setting though.

- It will come preloaded with several apps such as Facebook, Youtube, Google Maps, Opera Mobile browser, Vito Ringtone editor, Registry Editor, A few games like Teeter etc.

- Has an accelerometer of course - You can play all those fun games everyone raves about on the iphone, they are easily downloadable. It also allows for other cool features such as if you receive a call you can turn the phone on it's back and it will stop ringing etc.

- On screen keyboard - Works in portrait AND landscape mode. Has 3 options. QWERTY, SureType, and T9 or Txt9. Has word completion etc. that can be turned off or on.

- Office mobile is pre-installed - you can edit AND create excel, powerpoint, word, and onenote documents.

- I have SPB Mobile Shell 3 which I will give to whoever has it with the product key. It's basically a shell for windows mobile. It's really cool actually, I've just been enjoying WM 6.5 a lot, so haven't been using it. Youtube some videos on it to see what it is.

- I'll include all of the software I downloaded/purchased on the 2gb microSD card I'm giving you so you can decide if you want them installed or not.

- You get:

-Car charger

-Wall charger

-Data cable

-FM radio/headphone adapter

-Original Box

-2gb MicroSD Card

-Anything else I forgot to mention.

I'll also include a set of Sony MDR-710 headphones I have. Perfect condition, I bought them before receiving a better set for my birthday so I never use them. Here's a link - http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR710LP-Lightweight-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B000EGLZTA

I think that's everything. There are a lot of cool things about the phone, I probably forgot some, but I wanted to include a lot of them.

Thanks for looking.

I maybe interested, since I just lost my Cell phone (Still looking for it though, hopefully I'll know if its really gone by tomorrow)...If I bought this, do I just take it to the Verizon store and they'll activate it to my Number? And I assumes it would come with the case?

I maybe interested, since I just lost my Cell phone (Still looking for it though, hopefully I'll know if its really gone by tomorrow)...If I bought this, do I just take it to the Verizon store and they'll activate it to my Number? And I assumes it would come with the case?
Yeah it will come with the case. And you can just take it to the store, yeah. It's ready to go. Let me know. If you decide you want it by Monday, I'll even overnight it to you for Tuesday //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Great price! Should sell quick. Good luck with sale. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

awesome phone, i got mine a few months ago, was going to swap it for the Tour at the time and give the omnia to my brother. Then I got the SBP theme/desktop and it was all over, 15day free trial... $30 to buy permanently.

I work at verizon... and I'd take the omnia w/ the sbp

Sorry guys I'm posting from my phone now I've been at the hospital I should be back tomorrow and I'll respond to the pms.. sorry again, some **** kinda hit the fan in the past couple days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

WillyG4444

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
WillyG4444
Ridgewood
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies