SOLD FS: VERITAS Aluminum HLCD, Soundstream Exact10's

These were part of an elaborate install I had going in my hearse, I bought them new, set up their mounts and test fit them, removed them and it took so long making the enclosures for the 8's in the kick panel vents the hearse rusted out before I could finish. (I live right near the beach and 60's cars rust like mad) This was around 2001, the horns and drivers were wrapped in plastic immediately and have been boxed in my closet since. I would advertise them as NOS except for the minor mods I did in drilling and tapping for mount, which should not be obtrusive in any install I can imagine. (some 6-32 holes for mounting with a continuous hinge under the dash, they were to be angle adjustable via the stock left and right vent controls in the dash)

These were $1200 new and while I never had this install completed I have heard a set that were and they were comparable to Image Dynamics top of the line drivers (I still have a pair of those in my corvette) except they lack the "honk" caused by the resonance of the plastic at certain frequencies.

There is dynamat on one side which is easily removed. Also some nice aluminum brackets I made to connect to the vent controls.

If you like horns these are probably the best available and are certainly rare, though the motors are the same size as ID's, standard mount so wouldn't be hard to replace someday in the future if needed. A couple things about horns people (mainly their mfrs) don't want to tell you: You must have a dedicated set of amp channels for the horns themselves, if you try to share an amp channel with conventional mid bass drivers and a Xover they don't interact well. I ran my Corvette with 2 of an a/d/s p840's channels and got 50 out of 50 imaging scores and near perfect tonal balance at several shows. Don't be afraid to x them over low, as low as 400-450 hz. (I have a nice PPI 3 way Xover that is ideal with these, I can make a deal on if you need) You also can't compromise on the mounting position, if the dash dictates they are below your knees that is where your soundstage will be. If the vehicle happens to have the right spot for them the imaging is incredible and you will hear a soundstage that greatly exceeds the vehicle's dimensions and that is when you have an impressive install. Any monkey can make bass.

anyway, I think $500 shipped (lower 48) is a fair enough price to ask.

Next I have a pair of Soundstream Exact 10's, used for one season of IASCA in 1998, probably played for 30 hours at the most, and removed from the car and wrapped and stored as I did the horns. They look brand new, weren't exposed to the sun when installed, and as I competed in SQ only (SPL testing was only in SQ+ division) they weren't abused. I put a 9v battery to each and they seem fine, no scratchy sound from the internals so would confidently claim they will perform as new. They make very low bass in a ridiculously small box- .5 sealed, .75 vented each, I will post a link at the bottom to the SS pdf with the TS parameters. Tom Nousaine gushed over these babies in a CSR article around '98 or so, a great SQ woofer with more excursion than most will ever need. I'm asking $300 shipped (lower 48) for the pair.

Note about the pix, I photographed both of these some months ago with the intent of selling them but couldn't bring myself to actually do it, I think we all understand the attachment to "someday" projects and coveted gear. If the date is an issue I can shoot another with today's newspaper. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm sorta new here but with payment through paypal you have recourse, and I have an ebay account (same name) as a buyer and seller with nearly 400 feedback at 100%. I advertised some items before summer but sold them on ebay, check my prior posts. Lots of pics:

Picture367.jpg

Picture366.jpg

Picture359.jpg

Picture362.jpg

Picture363.jpg

Any imperfections are casting marks and do not affect their performance. You can see a flip side of each, one side has more holes than the other as that was the hinge side and the other was to facilitate a net grill I was to attach. I have a standard automotive 2 conductor trailer plug soldered on the leads, will remove if you wish or provide their mates if you want to keep them. I find them durable and use them for many terminal applications. There is weatherproof heat shrink and an NAS milspec cable clamp to secure them from stress. I was certified for mil-spec aviation soldering in the navy years ago and used a heat sink when I put those in so no damage to the insides. Next:

Picture358.jpg

Picture355.jpg

Picture351.jpg

Picture347.jpg

If the buyer is in Southern California, has a C4 Corvette and wants to pick them up he can have this mdf/black acrylic enclosure, with edgelit clear covers for FREE. (not the caps, wiring or the 4 5.25" AVI mids tho)

see next post

Pics of the horn's system install, for reference:

Picture008.jpg

Picture022.jpg

In the far corner you can see the 8's and the horns were to go under the dash, the Cadillac had a perfect flat steel crossbar of ideal width. I cut 1/2" plywood into 7 pieces, covered them with resin, rivited them with brackets INSIDE the kick panel vents, 'glassed it altogether air tight, lined the whole thing with modelling clay, coated the clay with sikaflex polyurethane to prevent the clay from migrating... all the while the car rusting around me. Pretty silly! I thought I could hold it back. There were holes in the floor when I got the car.

batvette1.jpg

that enclosure I will give (minus the wiring, caps and mids) if the buyer is in Socal, pays the asking price and picks it up. does include all the covers, edgelighting in green and red, and an uber-cool fan assembly on the front made from a stainless steel Boeing 747 fuel supply rail. Don't ask. I was on a good one at the time. Will only really fit in a C4 corvette, but retains function of the stock storage bins.

Nice stuff, Exact's in this good of a shape don't pop up a lot.
I've been rocking the exact 6.5" component set that used to be in the vette for over a year now in my honda passport as its front stage, using half of the a/d/s p840. I'm very impressed. They seem unbreakable. At the time I bought these Soundstream had a near mystical, iconic image and I was deciding between this and PPI. I read Nousaine's glowing review in CSR and bought a pair even though I had already ordered a PPI pro12 from my dealer. Ended up running all three and except for being a pain to tune worked very well.

the next year I believe they released the DaVinci, I was tempted to buy one and start from scratch. Still my favorite amp.

I've been rocking the exact 6.5" component set that used to be in the vette for over a year now in my honda passport as its front stage, using half of the a/d/s p840. I'm very impressed. They seem unbreakable. At the time I bought these Soundstream had a near mystical, iconic image and I was deciding between this and PPI. I read Nousaine's glowing review in CSR and bought a pair even though I had already ordered a PPI pro12 from my dealer. Ended up running all three and except for being a pain to tune worked very well. the next year I believe they released the DaVinci, I was tempted to buy one and start from scratch. Still my favorite amp.
If you haven't yet, you may want to post this over on DIY Mobile Audio.com. There are a few over there that collect SS items like myself. Also I think you might have a better chance of selling those horns. A lot of people here have no idea what you really have.

I really want those Exacts to go with my others....**** wife would kill me.

BTW what's on top of the hearse?

I miss my Veritas horns. They just wouldn't fit my little car. Agree with Blazemor, most people have never heard of Veritas or know how awsome the equipment they made was. Would deffinatly post them over on diymobileaudio.com. Would guess they might sell in less than a couple hours. Been a couple guys looking for some.

If you haven't yet, you may want to post this over on DIY Mobile Audio.com. There are a few over there that collect SS items like myself. Also I think you might have a better chance of selling those horns. A lot of people here have no idea what you really have.
I really want those Exacts to go with my others....**** wife would kill me.

BTW what's on top of the hearse?
that hearse was billed as the only hearse/limo (originally built as a "combo") with a disco dance floor in back, long before I bought it. Aesthetically it's a giant coffin, you could stand up and raise your arms and just barely touch the top. It was over two years before I discovered that if you laid on the floor and looked up it was like laying in a coffin. Neon inside all those plexi bubbles. Another neon sign in the back window that said "Clubdead". It had parquet wood floors with led chasing lights embedded, a low budget Saturday night fever effect. Strobe lights, fog machine, bubble machine, I added a laser and some other stuff. Had a pair of 15's in the back in a sand jacketed enclosure I was going to compete with called the "dead" box. (that is an incredibly good sounding thing if you can carry the weight. It decoupled the mechanical vibration of the subs from the vehicle, leaving pure air movement) Car was both the coolest thing ever and your worst nightmare. It ate my life but you could take it out at certain times and I don't care what the other guy brought, a Ferrari Enzo, whatever- this got more respect (from most people)

Drove it to CES in Vegas, Hollywood, it was fun but I learned a lot, like how it must feel to be a celebrity and have strangers just act stupid to you, and the fact you can't really own anything that is really cool because others just **** it up.

TTT, still have these for sale. Both sets are minty, adult owned (well okay the exacts were in the car when I was 36, been wrapped in plastic ever since) and you can't tell them from new. Sold with a 3 day non DOA guarantee. Goin' on the e-place soon.

If you saw the epx symmetry w/enclosure I posted here, that was sold on ebay and he was really happy.

I also have a 12" PPI Pro, NOS but out of box, brand new. Carbon fiber/Nomex honeycomb sandwich flat piston, made in USA circa '98. Makes gobs of SQ bass in an enclosure that may be the smallest a 12 fits in, 1 cube or less works great as the flat piston doesn't take up any volume and it's motor and basket are small as a result.

One of the most overlooked or "sleeper" SQ subs in its time, mainly because as the Gates Bronco used 64 of its 10" little brothers, everyone assumed they were for SPL.

Underhung voice coil, or as Tom Nousaine described, "always in the gap".

They were $450 or $500 msrp IIRC. Make a reasonable offer, if there is any interest I'll shoot some gorgeous pictures, just got a new ( to me) camera to test. ( $13 at Goodwill, Canon a520! I love a deal)

Still have these for sale, not trying hard to sell them (thinking about a home speaker project, I have an infinity crossover, have the horns, 4 AVI 5 1/4" mids and the exacts for bass.... it could work!) but they're still wrapped in plastic ready to go if anyone is interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.