SOLD FS: Rare Cerwin Vega CS-18A's, a/d/s 200i's & Magnum Pro Components

Participant count
  • Participants list

frzninvt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Vermont
Selling the very last of my car audio remnants. These are all old school components. First up a very rare pair of mint like new Cerwin Vega CS-18A 6x9's all cast frame with metal grill, resetable (circuit breaker) horn loaded tweeter and 6lb magnets. These are quite possibly the best 6x9's ever made and were made in a time where the use of subwoofers was in it's infancy. The only comparable speakers at the time were the JBL T545's. Not much out there today that can compare to these. Asking $100/pr

Next up a pair of (pre-DEI) a/d/s 200i plates featuring a 4" woofer and 1" soft dome tweeter with outboard crossover networks. I bought this pair to use one of them as my center channel speaker in between the 346is components in my doors. I ran it with an Audio Control System 90 Model 11 center channel amp. One speaker is new and unused one was used for about a year in my Honda Accord. I painted the one grill tan to match the car's interior but it can be repainted black to match the unused one. These are very hard to find and cost like $300/pr new. Asking $80/pr

Lastly, a super rare pair of Magnum Professional 6x9 components. This company while no longer around made some of the best car audio speakers on the planet if you were around in the mid-80's. This set features a huge cast aluminum frame woofer with 1 1/2" VC and 6lb magnets, and an outboard module with a 3" midrange and 1" tweeter in it that can be mounted anywhere. The modules were all original when I got them but had a piezo tweeter and a cone midrange. The piezo tweeter gave out and so did the 23 year midranges shortly thereafter. I bought a top notch pair of Cadence plates and used the 3" copper cone rubber surround mid driver and 1" soft dome tweeter to replace the aging components in the modules. They fit the module like they were made for it. They are set to run at 200Hz and up in conjunction with the woofer.

The modules have brushed aluminum grills and the woofers came with matching grills as well. I bought the set NOS on eBay but the foam surrounds had deteriorated so I sent them to Simply Speakers in FL to get refoamed. They were then used about a year in the rear deck of my Honda and hit like sledgehammers. This set sold for like $300 in the mid-80's and was worth every penny. I actually have an additional set of woofers that need refoaming but are fully functional so you would get one complete working set plus an additional set of woofers that just need to be refoamed ($65 for refoaming when I had it done). I would ask $80 for the set.

I have photos that I can send to any seriously interested parties. This stuff is not junk they are top notch components just not known to most people that weren't into car audio from the mid-80's. Prices do not include shipping. The Cerwin's and Magnum's are heavy. The Cerwin Vega's are top mount only due to the integrated metal grill design.

Wow can't you just post pics for nostalgia? I mean I don't think that's asking too much with the ease of uploading and posting these days.

Teaser photos of the CV HED's I'll have better ones later.

If those have the CV red frame, I had a set of those in the late 70's!

****, never thought I'd see those again.

Just awesome 6x9's, the best I ever heard.

Bump for memories!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hello Rich, these are the predecessors to the red frame models. Those were the CS-15's which had a soft dome tweeter post mounted in the center of the woofer with a red foam surrounf. They had a bit smaller version that had a cone tweeter but both speakers were the absolute best you could get at the time - period!

I can get higer res pics to any serious interested parties in these high quality old school classics. Shoot me an email address.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.