SOLD FS: Orion 225 HCCA amps 2nd gen

-=Jeff=-
10+ year member

I have 2 Orion 225 HCCA Amps for sale.. both 2nd Generation for around 1992-1993

One I have owned since new and I have the original Box and Manual. it has worked great all this time and spent a few years (5 or so) in the shelf..

I would like $150 plus shipping

I have a second 225 HCCA, I have owned it for one year and it has had no issues. I was missing one endplate but I made one for it to keep the anything out of it. I would like $120 plus shipping for this one

Both are currently in my car and work great.. I am just not using them to the full potential right now an decided to switch to something else.

Finally I have 2 HCCA spacer plates 2" wide ( to make the 2 amps look like one) I will take $30 for the pair of spacers plus shipping.

PICTURES

I don't have any pictures of the Spacers currently but will get some if needed

how many watts does 1 amp do total
According to info I have read ( I never measured them)

2x25 @ 4ohm

2x50 @ 2ohm

1x50 @ 4ohm

1x100 @ 2Ohm

Not sure on exact wattage at lower impedances

They are Mono Capable and stable to .5ohm stereo (old school Cheater amps)

I had a couple of these back in the day. I beleive they are rated at 400 watts at 1 Ohm but do closer to 600. These are great amps just keep em cool if you run them that low.

As you might guess from my handle, I would probably want them. However, I don't have a pressing need for them in my current system design. I had a 225, and a 250 in my T/A, but they were stolen! That was a few years ago. One thing's for sure, they do sound great! I wish I had the cash to spare. I would take them off your hands for you.

I have a few interested and am going by who PM'ed or emailed me first..

Thanks for the comments.. almost makes me want to keep them, but I honestly will not have the room with the changes I plan on making

XTRPro boy is correct on power, that is how I understand it.. I never had them bench tested and they do have any birth sheets..

The Amp spacers are currently on ebay now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.