FS: Obsidian Audio CRX demo vehicle w/equipment

Electrodynamic
10+ year member

Knows nothing
Item(s) for Sale:

Obsidian Audio's 1990 CRX

Item(s) Description/Condition:

I am regretfully selling our demo vehicle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I obtained another car for daily driving and I don't need the CRX anymore. I'd rather see someone use it than see it sitting in the warehouse. This was Ray Farmer's CRX when he was doing 156's in it, then Jacob Fuller owned it, and then me.

The vehicle is street legal, tagged, registered, etc. Nothing is illegal on the vehicle. Car related items are:

The easiest way to reach me is through email (subs@obsidiancaraudio.com).

I am NOT interested in any trades! Cash only.

Stock motor - does not use/burn any oil. Runs very clean!

214,567 miles on the car

HF Transmission

Stage 3 clutch.

Stainless steel exhaust (surprisingly quiet)

Drilled and slotted rotors

Ceramic brake pads

Stock rear drum brakes

A/C works extremely well

New compressor pressure plug

New condenser

Newly vacuumed and re-charged with R134A conversion freon.

Del Sol black paint

Del Sol seats

Black carpet

New climate control cluster

Factory interior otherwise

New 14" x 6" wheels

New tires with less than 10k miles on them

New projector halo headlight housings

New 5k HID headlights

Gas mileage is 35 mpg in city and 44 highway

The hood has some damage - it has been tried to be shut with the hood support still up so there is a gap on the drivers side. There is also a repair from being dented on the passenger side.

No major rust issues. Only rust is on the back bottom side of the wheel well arches and even then it is very minor.

Undercarriage of the car is in great condition.

And for the stereo:

Eight runs of 0 gauge power and ground (four positive runs and four negative runs)

Northstar battery up front

Custom copper battery terminals

Custom aluminum fuse block under the hood with plexi covers

Excessive Amperage 250 amp alternator

Kenwood CD player with front USB and 1/8" AUX input on the front panel

Mini blue readout volt meter under the CD player

Kenwood 12 disk CD changer

Stinger SPV70 battery in the back

Two copper distribution blocks

One SAZ-125.2 amplifier

Prototype 6.5" shallow neodynium Sundown Audio component speakers with passive x-overs

One SAZ-3500D amplifier

Three Obsidian Audio 12" D2's in a ported box with an 8" aero port tuned to 30 Hz.

The system does 148's all day long in its current setup tuned low. The box actually moves the sub floor quite a bit so it is advised to bolt it down more or strengthen the floor.

Price:

$4,900 obo

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Buyer will arrange shipping or local pickup.

Item Pictures:

FrontCorner.JPG

FrontCorner2.JPG

Side.JPG

BackCorner.JPG

WheelsBrakes.JPG

HIDs.JPG

Engine_Bay.JPG

8zeroDist.JPG

3OA12s2.JPG

I took a video of the car this afternoon with the three 12's playing. You can see the interior of the car in this video and see pretty much everything else interior-wise. Here is the video,

I will post the newer video once it finishes downloading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, I forgot that didn't it? 214k miles are on the car.

The car used to have 16 runs of 0 gauge in it when Ray had it and competed in the Street classes. I knocked it down to 8 runs, haha.

Oops, I forgot that didn't it? 214k miles are on the car.
The car used to have 16 runs of 0 gauge in it when Ray had it and competed in the Street classes. I knocked it down to 8 runs, haha.
Good stuff... And **** thats a lot. Lol.

I forgot to mention that the car has multiple layers of deadner all over it. The deadner is legal for dB Drag as the car has been scrutinized at finals multiple times when Ray owned it.

wish you were in michigan, I would consider buying it lol. you have any vids of it playing?
Yep. See the link to the video I took today at the end of my original post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wow... that is an exceptional deal...Did someone get a little drunk and try to shut the hood?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Funny enough they were sober when they did that (not me).

Great SPL car here... one of the loudest out there -- lots of work in dampener in this vehicle for sure. Current system sounds great on music... with the audio system included it's quite a deal too, IMO.

how much for the big truck in the back ground LOL... awesome car if i had the money i would like it. a non smoking Honda is hard to find not to mention the OCD that you have with your cars and how they are kept.. very nice car should sell quick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Electrodynamic

10+ year member
Knows nothing
Electrodynamic
Mooresville, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies