SOLD FS: Great ADS #" Dome Mids - and Alpine Type X Tweeters!

Less
10+ year member

Fs: Ads Dome Mids - Alpine Type X & X-pro Tweeters!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Great seller with all good feedback on DIYMA - ECA - EBAY and here, letting go of some items that I just don't use due to upgrades or similar.

2 - ADS 3" Dome Mids just removed from a couple months in my car. Had a lot of compliments but made new fiberglass kicks for some Scanspeak 12ms (it cost $580 a pair to get good enough to better the ADS domes by much!) because I just prefer the sound of paper mids. These are older and a little dusty/dirty looking but I am pretty sure you can even buy BRANDNEW domes for these on eBay from time to time. ADS is VERY high quality and these came from a set of their L710 Series2 montiors (which sold for near $1,000 in the early 80's - no telling how much they would be today!). They handle impressive amounts of volume, but they are best at simply sounding great. Dome mids are easy to put in your kicks and their superior dispersion makes them great for cars! 8ohm and best used between 500 - 5,000 - cross at 700 if you are really going to poor the power on them, but otherwise should be fine at 500.

I'll ship these to you in the 48 contiguous states for a paltry $50!

DSCF0839.jpg

DSCF0842.jpg

DSCF0841.jpg

2 - Alpine Type X Tweeters - 3/4" Ring Radiators - (vifa xt-19 derivative)

This is a EXCELLENT sounding set of tweeters best used crossed over at 4K plus. They are highly prized in reviews all over as being the best value tweeter available! I just don't want to drag them around when I move - so...

The smaller tweeters seen here - one is brand new with mounting ring - other is used but works great but no ring - easy to find a way to mount these buggers!

DSCF0845.jpg

$55 will get them delivered to your door (as above - no international - sorry)

Lastly,

BRAND NEW - Alpine Type X PRO Ring Radiators tweeters- said to be made by Scan Speak! Crutchfield sells this set for $600 and people are saying they are great. I got these for a deal - but I haven't been able to try them yet. You may be able to get the deal yet - if you know it, but I have heard that they will no longer ship. If you want this set, I will sell them for a high price because I haven't really been able to try them and may still have a good use.

Send me $130 and I will ship them your way!

DSCF0846.jpg

Contact jim.hickerson@sbcglobal.net for more info! Thats also my paypal if you want to send cash to me asap!

Thanks for looking

Less

Wow - spend $105 on the mids and the tweets and give yourself a first class upgrade... no interest?

The mids will mount very easily into most kickpanels - just cut a simple hole in the plastic and use a little silicone rubber to hold them in place.

Same with the tweeters and I will include two chrome plastic squares with perfectly molded circular cut outs that allow the tweeters to slip into. Cut a small hole in your kick or Apillar - slip the driver into place and position it to the angle you want, then add another touch of clear silicone rubber to the square and off you go...

And, read the reviews on DIYMA: the Alpine tweeters are highly touted... plus on the sale thread there for these items, there is an objective comment from someone I met at the Dallas meet and greet - saying how good he thought they sounded...

Good stuff - good prices - good bump!

Less

Also, if you need passive

I am selling them on DIYMA =)

Nothing sneaky going on here... I posted that there may be a way to get them still cheap... but Alpien has shut down all of the warehousers very quickly with the Type X regulars... and the word is that they have or are going to do it with the PRo's as well.

Several people mentioned that they got theirs from the last possible set... I don't know the deal for sure... so try if you want. But, know that just because you succesfully place an order, that doesn't mean you will actually get speakers. It seems like several got put on hold forever and were eventually told - sorry! - on the other pair.

Thanks for your interest one way or another. I haven't had a chance to listen to the pro's yet anyhow so looking forward to doing it. Just in the middle of mocing to Michigan and don't have time to mess with them right now!

Less

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.