SOLD FS/FT: New Complete 12" 4hpz or Motor and Top Assy (many pics)

us3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Diego
Hello

I made some very special Motors (and 2 subs) for an SPL application several years ago. All of the stock sub and motor parts were new and machined for this app. The design required a lot of extra steel and a huge shorting ring to be added to the stock motor parts so I machined several extra pieces to make 4 motors. (* the 2 I have here had extra special attention over the other 2 that have been sold, they have a little more force, though it doesn't matter because they all 4 have more force than any other motor I know of)

Here is the extra stuff that's been done to the motors:

machined a bigger diameter and longer solid low carbon pole

cut off the T and machined the backplate for a press

machined a smaller diameter steel ring to press inside the topplate gap

machined an alum core to take up the inside of the motor

machined copper rings to fit on top and bottom of the alum (*never got put in..)

added an extra .75 magnet slug

engraved the logo my bro drew on the back of the pole

used a super tweaky edge wound underhung coil in the protos

The sub and top assy are new and have never been played other than the 1 watt from Praxis for measurement. (they are Single 3ohm) The only issue at all is the Top Assy has had the dust cap dented, I pushed it back out but it should be reinforced or replaced to assure no issues.

I'll offer either the Complete 12" Sub or the Motor and Top Assy (together) for a sale or trade.

I'd like to trade for a mint condition (old style) SounDigital SD3000 or SD5000 or a CA Handgun (cash either way depending)

I'd sell for $1100

Serious Interests Only Please

I couldn't take any good pics so I just took a bunch:

The Sub

z50.jpg

z51.jpg

z53.jpg

z54.jpg

z55.jpg

z56.jpg

z57.jpg

z58.jpg

The Motor

z59.jpg

z60.jpg

z61.jpg

z62.jpg

I forgot to post pics of the parts before assy..

parts1.jpg

parts2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful work. Any T/S for the driver? Curious to see the Qes/Qts and BL.
Thanks as well

I have them somewhere, I can dig them up if there's serious interest.

I honestly don't remember the numbers, it's been a long time since I dealt with these.

Thanks again

Matt

Very nice. What is the coil WW?
1"

Just to see then other taller/shorted/wider coils were going to be tested to refine the app. (never got to it though, the Neo's I made at the time hit well above the WR so I never even tested the 4hpz's, they are too big and heavy to deal with when the neo's hit that high.. also got out of competing after that because there was no CA competitions)

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.