SOLD FS: BA pro 6.53x, RF, Vifa/JBL, ?Peerless?, Logitech

Participant count
  • Participant list

crzystng
10+ year member

First, concerning my references, I used be a contributing member of ECA and CAK years ago and had a few transactions there however, I have been content with my current system and somehow resisted the urged to sell anything in the past few years, thanks in large part to an ongoing back injury. I do have 100% feedback on my eBay account, if that means anything. akasha_jeep 212 transactions. I need to move this equipment so I can try something different for the front stage. I have tried to give the best possible description about any flaws for all items. Any questions, or need another picture angle, LMK.

5345fd91.jpg

Boston Acoustics PRO 6.53X components $200 shipped

eb956226.jpg

6.5 LF One of the 6.5's has a scratchy sound when anything but pure bass plays through it. I'm not sure what exactly happened to it as I pulled them from my doors working 100% to swap for the Peerless 830491's. They sat on a shelf for a year or so, and when I recently hooked them up to make sure they worked, the one speaker is scratchy. The cone still moves freely, IDK, The other plays as it should. Just a few scratches on the back side.

4.5 MR I have recently re-glued the rubber surrounds to the baskets of the 4.5MR's as they were coming apart in some spots, due to the way they were mounted in my Jeep and exposed to direct sunlight occasionally. I live in Utah and the summers can get very hot, (110*f+) over the course of a few years the glue had weakened in a few spots thus separating from the baskets. Everything is fine now though and they sound/perform 100% when I hooked them back up a few days ago. A few small scratches on the back sides.

06ab7e22.jpg

1" Aluminum Neo 5t Tweeters W/flush mount cups

One of the tweeters has a hole in it?? I honestly have no clue how that happened as they have always been mounted in the A-pillars with the little mesh grills. I have verified that it makes NO DIFFERENCE in sound vs. the other tweeter and have posted about it on the forums, coming to the same conclusion. The other tweeter has a small dent by me when I was cleaning it, I almost dropped it and my finger barley touched the aluminum cone, just enough to leave a dent though . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif It doesn't affect the performance of the sound and with the little mesh grilles on you can't even see them.

222778fd.jpg

6.53x Crossovers Crossovers work 100% but have a few scratches here and there. Both HP and LP inputs work so yes they are biampable. Just so you know I had approximately 160 RMS going to them and they can/will take a lot more than that. The manual says up to 500 RMS. These are VERY power hungry little speakers, Not to mention very loud.

I don't have any other mounting hardware or the box as that got "cleaned" off the shelf's without my knowing until it was too late. Just what's in the pictures.

Vifa/JBL 4.5" midbass All 4 $40 shipped

These were once part of my h/t projects but have long been out of the scene. They have been sitting on the shelf for probably a year. They cleaned up nicely, and all four worked perfectly. There are some cracks on the mounting holes as they are very thin right there and the face is plastic. All coils read 3.1 ohm. Mech 10/10

Treated paper cone and polymer chassis. A bucking magnet helps cut down on the stray magnetic field, while a vented pole piece helps reduce compression. Specifications: *Power handling: 35 watts RMS/70 watts max *VCdia: 1" *L1: .5 mH *Znom: 4 ohms *Re: 2.95 ohms *Frequency range: 65-5,000 Hz *Fs: 65 Hz *SPL: 88dB 2.83V/1m *Vas: .16 cu. ft. *Qms: 1.44 *Qes: .34 *Qts: .27 *Xmax: 3.5 mm *Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 5", Cutout Diameter: 4", Mounting Depth: 2-3/8".

b073e7d0.jpg

Rockford Fosgate 8" DVC RFP-1208 $55 shipped

Dual 4 ohm coils that read 3.9 ohm each, rated 500 RMS (250 a coil) The cardboard gasket thing is long gone exposing the surrounds rubber, couple, few small scratches, other than the gasket looks pretty good. Mech 10/10

c3da463b.jpg

Unknown 4" believe they are debranded ONKYO All 4 $35 shipped

Again these were once part of my h/t projects and have been sitting on the sidelines for a while now. Tested all of them, worked perfectly. I don't have, nor remember any information about them, and PE has long discontinued them. I would say 8 ohm, no more than 35 RMS? All coils read 6.0 ohm. Mech 10/10 overall diameter 4.4" square, cutout diameter 4", depth 2"

0c5e0c62.jpg

Possibly Peerless 830491 HDS/XLS 8" midbass $235 shipped (Pair)

I am still uncertain if I really want to let these go or not as they are that badass, but if the price is right I will defiantly consider letting them go and using something else in this upcoming build. These are the badboys from a few years ago and seriously, good luck trying to find another pair. Few small scratches on the back sides, One of the product #'s is rubbed off?? Fronts looked good to me but the flash told a different story. I have read the cones are made of nomex so I didn't wipe them down at all, as I don't know how to without possibly damaging them. Mech 10/10

Pwr 200Wrms (20Hz-5KHz) 8 ohm 90.6db 1w/1m 96mm Depth 190mm cutout

7c3cfee3.jpg

Logitech Z5500 speakers for computer/H/T audio $20 each shipped

I had two of the control units go out on me. Logitech said to keep the speakers and they sent a whole new set. I have 2 center channels 8 of the others (F/R are all the same) and two sub/enclosure with amps. PM me if you are interested in the sub/amp, as they are big and heavy to ship. One of the sets was used for a few months and the other set is brand new. Honestly if I hadn't labeled the boxes I couldn't tell which is which. They have been in the original packaging for a few months now.

Left/Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1khz, @ 10% THD)

Rear Left & Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)

Center: 69 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)

Subwoofer RMS Power 188 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 100Hz, @ 10% THD)

Satellites: 3" polished aluminum phase plug drivers

Subwoofer: 10" high-excursion ported driver with 6th order bass reflex enclosure

cc351b37.jpg

im interested in the rf8. in what kind of application was it used?
I used to run it in a MTX 4th order BP with a BBQ grill RF Punch 250 for a few months while I was saving for my 15's. Then built a vented enclosure, in which I used my JBL 1200.1 @8 ohm (300 rms) It wasn't near enough for me as I am more of a 15-18" kinda guy. The last time I used it was so I could have something while traveling as my current box takes up too much room. It's been on the shelf for a while.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.