FS: Audible Physics Arians pair, some of the finest 6.5's ever made

architect7
10+ year member

SQ Crazy
Item(s) for Sale:

Audible Physics Arians 6.5" mids

These sound better than my $1k/pr. Dynaudio Esotar mids above 100hz. The Esotars are bass monsters but the Arians can play full range up to 8khz+ with ease and sound incredible doing it. As you can see in my pics I have them paired with my $1600/pr. RAAL 140-15D dipole ribbons, some of the best tweeters ever created and the Arians easily match their detail and high output.

If I had the time, I'd build these into kick panels with a smaller RAAL ribbon and then put a high output 8" in my doors for a world class 3-way front stage. These are literally the best mids I've ever heard, better than some very high dollar stuff like SEAS Excel, etc.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

9.5/10

Price:

$350 shipped. Firm on price, you can't find these anywhere and they originally sold for $700/pr.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Included for CONUS

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

fNtOnKT.jpg

MWax4nz.jpg

Funny you mention that, I was talking to the designer Rishi about a month ago about the Arians and he said the power handling is an issue because the Arian was created as a full range home audio mid with no crossovers, hence the lower power rating. With a realistic cutoff such as 80hz at 12db he said they'll handle 100 watts+ no problem. That's where I had them and the midbass was phenomenal!

Funny you mention that, I was talking to the designer Rishi about a month ago about the Arians and he said the power handling is an issue because the Arian was created as a full range home audio mid with no crossovers, hence the lower power rating. With a realistic cutoff such as 80hz at 12db he said they'll handle 100 watts+ no problem. That's where I had them and the midbass was phenomenal!
I was speaking to him about that 2 weeks ago myself lol.

The only difference is that they put a car audio basket on this driver and not on the home audio driver haha.

Yes, too funny! Have you heard the H6MB? I had those in my truck before my Esotars, those are the best value for the money of any mid I have ever used.

I feed my Arians as much as my PHD FB Pros, they both do very well with 100 + watts for me.

For a 2 two way system the Arains are very hard to beat.

Yes, too funny! Have you heard the H6MB? I had those in my truck before my Esotars, those are the best value for the money of any mid I have ever used.
I have not, I have used the h-audio souls and those were very nice.

I feed my Arians as much as my PHD FB Pros, they both do very well with 100 + watts for me.
For a 2 two way system the Arains are very hard to beat.
Trust me, the fb pros will take MUCH more power than the arians. I've fed my fb 6.1 pros a ppi p600.2 each. The arians are pretty well tapped out at 120 or so. Not saying that makes it a better driver, but it does handle more power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust me, the fb pros will take MUCH more power than the arians. I've fed my fb 6.1 pros a ppi p600.2 each. The arians are pretty well tapped out at 120 or so. Not saying that makes it a better driver, but it does handle more power.
Very good to know. I'll have to try more power on the FB 6.1 Pros. I was saving the FB 6.1 pros for a eventual 3 way system. just been digging the Arains so much i have no rush to go 3 way.

Price difference between AP and the PHD?
Depends on which models PHDs you are talking about. Arians are no longer in production, used they go for $400- $300. I have a extra set of Arians that iv'e been thinking abut selling. You can Pm me if you're interested since Architect has sold his.

I think i paid $230 for my PHD Fb 6.1 Pro's new. Id sell mine for $160 even though I never used them.

If you were going to compare and contrast the two .............the Arians vs the 6.1 FB Pros, how would you say they compare?

I'm looking to put together a 3-way setup for my front stage and I really was a very musical 6.5", but also that exhibits good midbass and will make a very clean transition to my 2" or 3" midrange.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

architect7

10+ year member
SQ Crazy
architect7
Bellevue, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date