SOLD FS: Alpine PDX 4.100 - $220obo + shippng

Participant count
  • Participant list

sibanez
10+ year member

Bought this amp in May and have had in in my Tacoma since July. I was running a set of Focal components off of it and never had any issues with it. Looking to tell because I'm not a fan of the way the PDX sounds with the Focals. The amp is in great shape except for a small area where my tool box rubbed the silver paint off the edge (you can see this in the side photo below). The birth sheet says the amp tested at 127W which is pretty typical for these PDXs. The amp was always mounted horizontally and has the serial number intact. Amp can be picked up if you are in Central Pa.

$200 shipped

Thanks,

Steven

cimg3335.jpg

cimg3339.jpg

Here is the damage *the silver paint was rubbed off and some plastic*

cimg3337.jpg

cimg3338.jpg

how did it sound with the focals?
Honestly it sounded a little flat, which is interesting because the PDX 5.100 that I have in my wife's car with some ID components sounds much better. I think the Focals don't like running off a Class D amp for some reason. I'm currently running them off of a Diamond D5 300.4 and the sound is much fuller with more detail, even though it is rated at half the RMS that the PDX is. I'd keep this bad-boy around, but I really like my Focals and am looking to upgrade to an Arc amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.