from shiva to 15 xxx

Hammy
10+ year member

detroit
gotta thank you guys here for all of the advice that I've received on subwoofers, amps, box buidling, ect.....

Recently I upgraded 2 12" shivas ( 1.25 cf per shiva ) to a 15" xxx and all I have to say is wow. SQ is still great, maybe a little less than the shiva, but definately not something I notice unless I'm really listening trying to listen to the woofer. I have it in a 4.7 cf box tuned to 35 hz, and the thing hits with the jbl 1200.1 hooked to it. Overall from one setup to the next I'd say the xxx is about 1.5 times louder. A 400 dollar competition subwoofer that sounds like this just can't be beat.

The 15 pounds out the lower notes much better than the shivas, but stays on par at the higher bass range. The XXX also sounds a little deeper on the kick drum hits. SQ goes to the shiva, but in a sealed box I believe the XXX would win. SPL the 15" XXX beats out the 2 12" shivas for sure, as said before in many other posts shivas suffer from spl compression, there isn't much of a spl gain going from 800-1200 watts, but with the XXX there is. I'd say 3 shivas would be a better setup than one XXX, but that's 3 woofers vs 1. People are in awe of the thing and it's the heaviest **** woofer anyone around me has ever picked up. One more thing the XXX maybe in the future will be seing a second amp hooked up to it, but that's gonna require some electrical upgrades to the car and maybe then I could say the 1 15" could beat 3 shivas ( arf gotta pick up another shiva too).

This is a great forum and people truely do post good honest reliable information here. I almost went with some rockford ( not to say they're bad, just that the rockford line doesn't compare in cost / quality to the re / adire subs I've had ) subs before coming to this site, which I found by just randomly typing in http://www.caraudio.com in the browser. Again thanks to every for the information I've picked up, this site and termpro I think are the two best forums.

Btw I'm prety drunk while I typed this so srry for any typos / syntax or other **** that may be wrong with this post, o and good night.

hey man how do u like ur JBL 1200 i am getting one right now i have a bid on ebay for 230 if i dont win it ill just get it off etronics. How does it sound at 2 ohms? does it really push 1200 watts and SQ as well?

Im not sure what subs ill get maybe Type R's but the amp may be a bit too powerful for em ill decide later.

i like my jbl 1200.1, ive heard us acoustics are awsome, and would like to try one of those out sometime. Check some threads on those (especially one about jbl vs US acoustic). but im satisfied with the amp, although it does lack some high end features...

jbl 1200 is a great amp for the price, puts out the watts it says it does. Only downside is no subsonic filter and maybe the 12 db crossovers. I've found it very durable in my use also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Hammy

10+ year member
Hammy
detroit
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from