Freq of bass line in 'bass I love you'?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alex JB
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm sure one of you fellas will know what the frequency of the notes are in the bass line of the bassmechancs track, bass I love you?

my single E8 ported on 225rms was louder with this track than my 2 E8's sealed on 500rms.

I thought my tuning was about 32Hz on the ported box and it seems the bass notes in the track are lower than that, so I can't understand why it seemed so much louder than with double the subs and power when sealed.

I'm sure one of you fellas will know what the frequency of the notes are in the bass line of the bassmechancs track, bass I love you?
my single E8 ported on 225rms was louder with this track than my 2 E8's sealed on 500rms.

I thought my tuning was about 32Hz on the ported box and it seems the bass notes in the track are lower than that, so I can't understand why it seemed so much louder than with double the subs and power when sealed.
depending on how the port is designed, it can still play low and sound good. That might be your case

36hz, 34hz, 33hz, 31hz, 17hz, and 7hz are the notes in that song.

The reason it's louder is because you were probably lacking low end extension with the sealed enclosure. Don't let people try to tell you that sealed enclosures are going to have a flatter response and more bottom end because it is not always the case.

A large volume ported box is a great way to get flat response and a good bottom end if it is designed correctly...

This track has quite a lot of similar stuff to the old skool drum & bass I have from UK, hence I picked this as a test track that most people seem to know.

my music collection with the really low stuff seems to be similar audible volume with the 2 E8's as the 1 E8 ported... step up to stuff like the Portishead album 'Dummy' where the bass lines are a little higher in freq and are much steadier, the sealed box with 2 subs is much louder.

**** it! I just don't have the space to get the ported box I need to tune down to 25hz.

This track has quite a lot of similar stuff to the old skool drum & bass I have from UK, hence I picked this as a test track that most people seem to know.
my music collection with the really low stuff seems to be similar audible volume with the 2 E8's as the 1 E8 ported... step up to stuff like the Portishead album 'Dummy' where the bass lines are a little higher in freq and are much steadier, the sealed box with 2 subs is much louder.

**** it! I just don't have the space to get the ported box I need to tune down to 25hz.
What albums or Djs are you talking about with the really low material? I really like drum & bass and especially with a thick bottom end.

If you're looking for a heavy bottom end, you may not need to go with a low tuned ported enclosure. If you PM me your dimensions and vehicle type, I could see if I could design something to get you some more low frequency extension.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.