Four 6W3v3's powered by a PDX1.600? Any ideas on output?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sideways17
10+ year member

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer and Im wanting to finally build a system for myself. In the cargo area there is about 1-1.2 cu ft of air space in a storage compartment that I want to use so I don't lose all my rear hatch area. I want mold the floor with fiberglass and have the four 6W3v3's firing forward from underneath the rear seat.

Anyone ever use these micro subs? I have also thought about some 8's too. I have had great success with 8's in the past but Im not sure Id have the room. The mounting face of the box will be 9'' tall MAX. Need to keep the same floor height when the seats fold down. Any ideas or suggestions?

Im more of a SQ guy. Im done with the boomy type systems. I've been out of the stereo game for awhile. I was an installer from 2000 to 2005 at a local shop and I went to RITOP in Boston in 2003.

I recently helped a friend by building a box for his W7 and installing his HU and amp. Kinda miss it and realized I need to take advantage of the deal my old boss gives me! 10% over cost!! Woohoo! He carries Alpine, JL, Kicker, and MTX car audio. I had and swore by Kicker when I was younger but now I just want a mellow tweeter, tight midbass and a sharp, strong lowend.

My plan is a PDX1.600 on the 4 6.5's or 8's, a PDX4.150 on the Alpine X-Type 6.5 components up front and R-Type 6.5 coax for the rear fill. I have sound deadened the doors and will use baffles front and rear. Hope this thing sounds great.

I've heard the X-Types in a VW golf but they were just bolted into the factory locations, no deadening or baffles. Sounded good still just not to their potential.

if they can fit into you design, you may want to look into the 10w6v2. 1 would sound very good with the power you have. they work very well in .75cuft ported and tuned around 32-35hz.

Yes I do love the W6v2's, they are unbelievably smooth and accurate. I installed one 10'' in a notchback mustang on a 500/1 and it was amazing. It was a slot ported box. But the Face of the box Im building will be a max of 9'' tall. I just want to keep the flat floor when the seats are folded down. Everything will be outta sight and it'll be very clean!

While that 8'' sub looks impressive I think Im gonna stick to the above brands to benefit from the discount. Im planning on doing Alpine components and amps and JL subs. Unless you guys think I can get better results from Kicker or MTX. The store pushes JL and Alpine but can get kicker and Mtx from distributors. Kicker was the main seller before we picked up JL in 2004. Let me know, Im interested to hear what you guys would do.

Yeah. I've priced them but haven't heard them. I hear the tweeters are a lil more mellow? The tweeters on the x-types were bright in that Golf I heard. but they were in the factory tweeter locations about 2 feet from the mid. I hate bright tweeters that make vocals ear piercing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.