found a new viable 6" subwoofer

11.5 MILLIMETERS of one-way excursion.

And SPL is 83db/W... You'd need about 4 times more power to play to the same level as a sub whose sensitivity is 89db/W, all else equal.

i know TB isn't new, but i have not seen this particular woofer before, and i have not seen it discussed in car audio circles. just thought it was a nice little woofer if you have a small area for mounting (other than the mounting depth).

I've heard it discussed before but I think the best 6.5" sub out there is still the JL 6w0. As much as I do not like to talk about buying anything JL, if I had to buy a 6.5" sub, it would be from them.

someone posted about these not 2 weeks ago on termpro.com and alot of people have known about them for a long time.

Not worth the trouble, not enough powerhandling, not enough efficiency. JL 6w0 is much better.

so then ... where to get the aforesaid 6W0 ... local dealers tell me they have none and cannot get any ... as far as efficiency, i think that in terms of producing sub bass, it is not a really telling specification, as efficiency changes vs. frequency, and 200 watts of power handling is plenty. i think that you are looking at the avg efficiency above Fs in this regard, and will become pretty much moot if crossed over below 60 Hz and given 100 watts. with sub bass, it is X-max, Fs and Sd that rule ... and in this respect, for a small speaker, it seems the TB is pretty much the best (on paper) there is ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.