Fosgate T1000/Q1-1200D/Sundown SAZ1200...

b0r
10+ year member

Richmond
TL;DR=I need a 1000-1200W amp and would like to know why similar performance amps within Rockford have such a huge price gap and does Rockford's price/performance match that of Q1-1200D which is in the same exact ballpark. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking to buy an amp tonight to power my shipping Fi BL 15 D2 to 1 ohm. I have a problem with the price fluctuations and I have some questions.

The Rockford "Prime" series has a 1200W 1ohm amp for less than $250, while the Power series 2010 model T1000 on Sonic is over $400 and throws 1000W at 1 ohm. I guess the prime is known as their budget series or whatever, but the Q1-1200D from SoundQubed/AQ is in the same price range as the Prime (aka budget series) rockford.

The Sundown is also knocking on the door of $400 and I was curious if someone had some input on the (in my opinion) massive disparity in pricing, even within a single company like Rockford. I know: Better components and overall build in the T1000 but would the sound change in this case?

I am open to other serious recommendations from actual users for a 1000-1200W amp that will run and run. My JBL BP1200.1 won't STOP running. Winter/Summer nearly 100 degrees and everywhere in between, it's never protected on me or anything so I expect the same quality from my next amp purchase.

*Edit* Obviously, the T1000 is capable of more than 1k at 1 ohm, I was just listing rated power.

Prime series might do rated at 1 ohm were as power series is constant power at variable ohm loads and likely to do 3 or 400 more watts at 1 ohm than the rating says. My t1500 was rock solid. Sound qubed are great amps that do rated for a good price. Sundown is comparable to rf in quality and extra power output beyond the rated

whats wrong with the jbl amp? isn't that doing the same power that your chasing?
Yep! The "problem" with it is that it's pushing like 11+ years old. I'm pretty sure it's 1 ohm stable, but it's a power hog. I always said "Maybe with the advancements in technology over a DECADE that new amps will provide good power with slightly less power draw" and that's all I see, people saying: "OMG upgraded from xx amp from 2004 to new 2012 amp and my lights barely dim anymore blah blah". While this may or may not be true, I am going to give it a run while also being able to say to myself that all of my equipment is new and hasn't been abused by anyone previously.

I got the JBL BP1200.1 used in 2010-2011, it still kicks to this day and I can safely say I love it. Never overheats, but does get warm, never shuts off. Never blows fuses, it's like a dream amp come true. I set it and forgot about it. Who knows how many (if any) rebuilds or repairs it's gone through in a decade prior to my ownership. And I just paid $415 for my Fi BL 15 and I want to know that I am giving it solid power. And aside from ALL of that, my buddy wants a ready to go system, so he's getting everything in my car but the in-dash and the wires.

Prime series might do rated at 1 ohm were as power series is constant power at variable ohm loads and likely to do 3 or 400 more watts at 1 ohm than the rating says. My t1500 was rock solid. Sound qubed are great amps that do rated for a good price. Sundown is comparable to rf in quality and extra power output beyond the rated
Thanks for the reply! The "no frills" consumer in me is screaming to just buy the Rockford. Tried, tested, true. I wouldn't save much going Sundown, and I'd save a lot going with the SoundQubed but I don't know. Money isn't REALLY my concern..having a setup like mine currently (That doesn't shut off, blow fuses etc) is what my concern is. I'll spend $200+ more dollars if it NEARLY guarantees I won't have any issues down the line.

a lot of older amps imo are better and sound better than the current amps on the market today. just want to make sure your going to get an improvement in your system, and it doesn't just sound the exact same

a lot of older amps imo are better and sound better than the current amps on the market today. just want to make sure your going to get an improvement in your system, and it doesn't just sound the exact same
Right, I hear you there. I figure a T1000 will sound the same if not better than the 10 year old JBL, but that's still up for debate until I would hear it. The Rockford being on Amazon with 6 months financing is really almost pushing me over the edge on the purchase because I can use the up front funds to get my big 3 finished (I drive a Charger, the "big 2" is technically already done because they use a 1 gauge or so to go from the Alt to the trunk where the stock battery is located). All I need is the Chassis to Engine ground or whatever, and I may do a true 0 gauge from Alt to Batt due to the whole resistance thing.

what battery, might be worth just upgrading that to a dry-cell with like 800+ cca
I am running an XSPower D3400 as my only battery in the car.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

the jbl bp1200.1 is an efficient amp. I would keep it and beef up your electrical.
Yeah, I love it. I wish it was an option to keep it as I would get it all set up and see how it goes but it's already sold along with my current sub and box to a friend of mine.

Not a fan of the CP rockford amps , I would prefer your JBL over your other choices , if you are going to spend that kind of money on a 1k that is eff./ and well built ,I would look at the Digital Designs M1b, DC ,or Sundown over the RF for that kind of money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.