For Sale 2 Alpine Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
And, no, you couldn't go active with that amp. There'd be no way to bandpass the mids.

EDIT: You could set a high pass on your HU for the mids, then set a high low pass filter on the amp for the mids and set the high pass for the tweeters from the amp. I guess that would work, but the amp alone will not allow you to go active.

Thats what I was thinking, just basically do a 60hz HPF on the deck and then split up the highs with the amp? not feeling the extra 150bucks to get imprint for my cda-117.

Yeah, this amp will allow you to do that. Also, it's rated at 75x4 @ 4 ohms. Many "birth sheets" I've seen for this amp have been around 100-105x4 @ 4 ohms, RMS. I'd pick it up for sure if you need an amp and want an active setup.

Thanks guys. I really did love everything about these amps EXCEPT they just didn't make my ears bleed. Awesome SQL and am still having an internal tourment to sell them but I think I'm gonna go with a JL 300/4V2 this time around with some sort of mono amp, not sure yet though.

merrr, some things i am iffy about. did you use the amp link? trades?
sorry missed your post on my droid. I never used the amp link. Once I got everything tuned right I just put the back seat back in and called it a day. I'm only looking for trades of a HU currently, either a dnx6960 or an INA-W900BT cash on my end of course. Or maybe a JL XD series 4 channel.

Sorry to all those interested but after looking for quality amps I realized that is way more than I'm willing to spend when I have a stang that needs to be finished. So I'll be keeping these.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.