Focal Utopia or CDT Audio Eurosports??

Participant count
  • Participant list

2003 Hemi
10+ year member

Which of these are better speakers?? One has a Titanium tweetwer the other has a silk.

I'm trying to decide between this 2 unless you can recomended something better in the 500 dollar range. The Utopia's can be had for around 550 on Ebay and the Eurosports for 450 from the Zeb. Are the Focal's Titanium tweets really hasrh??

Thanks for any replys.

I should of added, this are for the 6.5 2way components.

I'm not going to tell you what speakers are "better"...because opinions vary. You are looking for this and that from your speakers, while I am looking for some of this and more of that - if you see what I'm saying. It's all about personal preference - listen to a wackload of speakers in your price range and see what you like - you may even find out that you much prefer the sound of a $350 set over a set that is worth $550, saving you some cash.

Though, if you don't have the ability to listen to any of these component sets...I'll tell you that I don't really like titanium tweeters;) (Though the Focal's aren't harsh)

- Steve

Yes...I have owned the CDT's and know two very good friends that now have both component sets in their vehicles.

- Steve

I have to butt in here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I've had the cdt euro sports in my car for a week, until a bill came in for my supercharger.....I had to kinda sell them and settle for less of a set. But I heard both the cdt's and the utopia's in person...and they're very close in sound quality. I personally preffered the toneallity (is that a word?) of the cdt's, and they had a more smooth of a high range than the focals, but my good bud preffers the utopias //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif . Its really hard to say which you will like.

Unless you have a chance to hear them, then I would hold off with the purchase...( they do cost a bit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif )

PS

Im currently on a quest to buy some alumapros arc's. A friend of mine just got these in from a distro and they sound amazing. Personally I think they sound better than the components mentioned here and cost half as much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif But again, everyone has different tastes in these things.

How do Koda's compare to these speakers?? I'm still trying to decide on what 6.5 components to get. I have my Amp and subs already and proably getting an Eclipse 8443 if they ever come out.

Do you have a component amp yet or no?

You would be impressed by any of these speakers, though personal preference leans me towards the Koda's and the Focal's.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.