flared 1.5 @ 32hz

Participant count
  • Participant list

tyler_fitz
10+ year member

They call me Weezer
It's not quite a build log, but close enough. this was my first time building a flared box so its pretty crude, but i think it cleaned up nicely (for what it is...). My next flared box will be better i promise. sorry for the fuzzy cell pics.

some of you might recognize this picture - it was the practice piece. this piece was not used on the box!

d00e3a9e70de-1.jpg

i think i made a lil bit of improvement...

87b76cecb635.jpg

the left side of the port is pretty ugly, i was pretty much just breaking the wood. however it doesn't really need to be all that strong so i just sanded it smooth and it turned out pretty decent.

246cdc1fd75a.jpg

all done! the black material is called "pleather" looks pretty decent and pretty cheap. the rest is just gray carpet.

26780c4589bf.jpg

i decided to mount the amp in the lil gap that the flare made, made it look pretty stealthy... this side also showcases my carpeting skills

830851e48319.jpg

another one with the amp. its a kicker zx400.1

26bf64382684.jpg

and another one of the front.

2608d97646d5.jpg

all in all i gained a lot of experience in this build. my carpeting skills are still pretty weak, along with my kerfing skills. but i can only get better and i feel confident my next box will be perty good.

oh, and the sub is an eD 13Kv2

Nice, good job. How's she sound?
i dunno, this was gonna be the replacement setup for my fi q 15, but since no one wants to buy it i just might sell this. OR i might build a diff box for my q and use this as a temp. setup. but if i ever hook it up i'll be sure to let u know.

nice. glad to see an ED user
i know there's a lot of hate goin on around here but i'd figure i'd give em a try since it was only $63.xx shipped

well i got pretty bored and decided to test out the new shiz. i didn't want to disconnect my current amp and reconnect the kicker, so i just wired it to one channel of my t5002 and backed the gains a lil bit.

one of the first things i noticed was the lack of low end. however, this was going from a 15" Fi Q to a lower end 12" from eD, so that was to be expected, nothing a lil eq tweaking couldn't fix. drum kicks were tight, and it had a good musical range. the output was pretty much what i expected, it didn't shake my truck apart nor could i feel it from the outside, buy it was only a step or two behind my type argh back when i had it. all in all its a solid sub. definitely a worth the $$$ i spent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tyler_fitz

10+ year member
They call me Weezer
tyler_fitz
Hutchinson, KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date